Yesterday, I went with Jami (Dustin's sister-in-law) and her two cuties, Cayden and Madelyn to McAlister's for lunch and then the park in Collierville. It was near 80 degrees so we enjoyed our beautiful day outdoors. The park was so fun and the kids had a blast. Later in the afternoon, the kids came to my house to play while Jami went to class. They are fun to hang out with!!
This is the park, Ryan's Place. This is the information I found about the park on Ryan's father's myspace page:
"Ryan's Hope was formed as a legacy for my son, Ryan, who received a terminal diagnosis at age 9. It began at Christ the Rock Church in Memphis as a support group and quickly grew into a 501c3 non profit organization building bridges between families of children with disabilities and the general community. RH is an advocate that promotes community inclusion, universal playground design, and respite for families who have children with disabilities. RH started a trend in the Mid-South by being responsible for building the 1st universally accessible playground in the region. Partnering with the city of Collierville, TN, was a smashing success competing against 1200 cities and winning the 4 STAR Recreation Award from the State of Tennessee. Since then, RH has advised on 6 more universal playgrounds with 3 more in the works! "

Here are the kids enjoying the park. It has to be the coolest kid's park I've seen!!
This is Maddie at my house yesterday afternoon. All the cool kids wear their sunglasses upside down, right?
Also, Missy in Pink awarded me with the Kreativ Blogger Award. For my list of favorites go here. Thanks girl!!

8 comments:
Umm can I come play at that park?? That looks so fun!!
I want to play at that park! How fun!!
Where is that park? And did I tell you my mom was hired as one of the executive directors of Ryan's Hope???
Now why didn't we have parks like that around when we were younger??? haha!!!! :O)
OH MY GOSH! Yes!! That is what I do!! I fee like a weirdo but I can't help it! I NEED TO KNOW THE WEATHER! haha. Too funny!
That park is awesome!
the park looks amazing!! the kiddos look like they are having soo much fun, and that is all that matters.
What a great park!
Post a Comment