Thursday, July 14, 2011

Grant's Farm and the Brewery

On Friday, we arrived in St. Louis shortly after lunch. At the recommendation of a friend, our first stop was Grant's Farm. The farm is operated by the Anheuser- Busch corporation and is home to many different animals including the Budweiser Clydesdale horses. 


The Clydesdale horses are HUGE!






At the end of the tour, we went by the hospitality tent where they give you 2 beers from the Anheuseur- Busch company of your choice.

After Grant's Farm, we went to the Anheuser- Busch Brewery. They offer a free tour that is very interesting. They take you around the brewery and show you exactly how all the beer is made and packaged. We were able to sample the beer straight from the factory. 








If you're ever in the St. Louis area, both of these tours are worth going to and both are free. 

7 comments:

Aishlea said...

Love the horses! We see them each year at Riverbend here. :) I hope you guys had a great anniversary!

Lauren said...

How fun!!!!!!!!!!!! :) I've been to SL multiple times and have never heard of this!!!

Jessica @ Wanting Adventure said...

Would you believe I've lived here most of my life (as a child and then college and married life) and I haven't been to Grant's Farm in recent memory? I remember the brewery tour but I was underage and not able to drink the beer. I may have to become a tourist in my own town!

Jillian said...

Girl you were right near me!! Love that tour!!

Mandy's Memories said...

That chicken is hilarious! I went with dad when I was a kid to haul one of the Budweiser horses up there and it was so neat. I am sure it has changed and is even better. Looks like yall had fun.

Jamie said...

Looks like a fun place to visit! The Clydesdale horses came down to Savannah for the St. Patrick's Day parade and we got to see them...they're SO big!

beckylbranch said...

That's awesome that they were free tours. I want oen of those horseys :) Cute pictures of ya'll too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails