Dustin and I made the hard decision to sell our boat. We bought it four years ago and have made many fun memories with it. However, we felt it was time to sell it.
Last week, Dustin brought it over from his parent's house to start cleaning it to put up for sell. Before, he could even clean it up nice someone came and bought it.
Our neighbors knew someone in the market for a boat and they jumped at it. We actually made money on the sell which rarely happens when you've owned something 4 years. It just so happens that we got it for a steal when we bought it.
It's just so bittersweet because I'm happy we sold it quickly and made good money doing so, but it's still sad to me. It was our first joint purchase together.
I guess I get too emotionally attached to my things!




9 comments:
Awe, that is hard... but maybe one day you'll be able to buy a better one!
I felt that way when I sold my car. I wanted to cry when the guy was driving it away.
Big hugs to you girl! We have a boat too and we just love taking it out....you can come up to NE anytime and go out with us! Bring Jennifer and her hubby too:)
aww that last picture of it driving away does look kinda sad :(
That's great that you made money on it!
I'm sure I will feel sentimental when we sell our house someday since that was our first big purchase as a couple.
Selling the first anything you got together is hard! I know the boat was hard to get rid of - but just think of the cash that you have now!
Awe! It is bittersweet....but I'm sure you'll have lots more purchases together now and you had good memories on the boat :)
That stinks! It looks like it was really nice!!
You just have to know that you made the right decision for your family! Maybe someday there will be another boat in your future!
Post a Comment