Monday, April 11, 2011

My Blonde Moment

Friday after work, I made a stop by Kroger's gas station. My gas tank is on the passenger side (so weird, I know) so when I get out of my car, I always lock the door. 

I've heard all those stories of people stealing your purse while your pumping gas. Gotta be careful. 

After I start pumping the gas, I usually unlock the door and put my debit card away. Only this time, I didn't have my keys. They were sitting on the seat and my car was locked. 

Not good!

The worst part? I don't own a spare key. 

The next worst part? Having to call Dustin and tell him I blew it big time.

He was surprisingly very cool about it. He just picked me up and we drove to the Ford dealership and had a spare made. They can make you a key that unlocks your door only just by knowing your vin number. 

10 comments:

Lauren said...

Ummm, it happens to the best of us.... Have you ever locked your keys in your car with the car running??? Yeah, won't tell you who has done that one before, haha!!

Aishlea said...

I'm glad he was cool about it! :) And that you didn't have too much trouble getting into the car!

Joanna said...

Aww!! that happened to my husband the other day... My gas tank is on the passenger side as well :) have a great week girl!

Classy Fab Sarah said...

At least you got it fixed fairly painlessly! I hate those blonde moments!

I always lock my car too!

Melissa said...

My gas tank is on the passenger side too! So weird!

I would totally lock my keys in the car. I do full service gas now that I'm pregnant, so I don't have to get out, but I can def see myself doing what you did someday.

Lyryn said...

I think everyone does this... blonde or not. You are too funny... get this when Jayden was 2 I got him strapped in and through my keys in the front. Shut the door and then realized that i must have hit lock when I put him in and before i threw my keys up front and locked my BABY in there. Good thing it wasn;t too hot and the cops came quickly. That... is bad. LOL

Jennifer said...

At least it was $9. I seriously get sick thinking about how much I'm going to have to go through and spend if this happens to me! And I could use a spare, but who wants to pay $200 for a spare???

Whitney said...

I'm so glad it was a simple fix! At least your engine wasn't running!

Trina said...

Oops! I've done that a few times :) It's good to have AAA lol

Jessica @ Wanting Adventure said...

I've never done this, but I have locked my keys in the car while it was running. Now that was a fun call to the husband. We ended up calling AAA and they came and got me into the car. Ugh. So now you have a spare key, yes? :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails