Tuesday, March 15, 2011

This could get addicting

I just finished my second 5K Sunday and I've already been online looking for the next one. I would really like to do about one a month. They're hard, but addicting!

Sunday's race was the Irish 5K. 

Dustin joined Kelly and I this time. I was very impressed with him. He hasn't run in a few months but was able to do the entire thing without stopping in close to 30 minutes. Kelly and I weren't quite as awesome, but I think we did well. 

This race was at Shelby Farms and was, in my opinion, harder than the first one I did. The trail had some very steep hills. But, I really enjoyed the challenge and the weather turned out absolutely perfect!
 Thanks Mom and Dad for coming to cheer us on and for taking the pics!

15 comments:

Lauren said...

So awesome!!! Extrememly proud of you!!!! :)

Kelly said...

They are VERY Addicting! I'm planning out my April and may race schedule. St. Peters Villa 5k is lots of fun!

Aishlea said...

YAY! :)

They are addicting.... when I'm running the first mile, I am asking myself "WHY?" but by the end I'm already thinking of the next one. haha...

Anonymous said...

I want to do another 5k! I wish Jake would do it with me though. :)

Annie said...

awesome!! good for you three!! :)
i can't wait to start running again in a few months!

Katie Bailey said...

very addicting! one a month is definitely a good goal!!!

Shannon said...

I love 5ks - they are very addicting! I just wish they were cheaper! LOL

Nicole Marie said...

good for you! i literally detest. running

Jenn @ West Sac Honey said...

Aww this is what I've been wanting to do for awhile now. What was your time? I ran 2 miles this morning at the gym and it was 22 minutes so I hope I could do a 5k in 30 maybe.. I'm searching for one here too!

Anonymous said...

Proud of you, Dustin and Kelly! Keep up the good work!!

It's A Love Story said...

I always wanted to do a run it looks like so much fun!

d.a.r. said...

Yeahhh!! Way to go!!

Anonymous said...

Way to go!! It is so addicting especially when you see your time start to decrease, congrats!

Leah @ Everyday Love said...

I used to plan a 5K each weekend. It's was the perfect way to start my Saturdays and I was always home by 9am. way to go!

Brittany said...

Wahoo!! Go girl!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails