Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Blog Award

Sweet Leigh Anne gave me this award. I haven't posted any awards in a while so here goes.

For this award I have to list 7 things about me you may or may not know. 

1. In the last few years I have turned into a huge scaredy cat, wimp, wussy. My mom even commented on it a few weeks ago. I don't know what it is. I like to say I'm just smart enough to be scared or maybe I really am just weak now. 

2. I am OBSESSED with my wedding pictures right now. Seriously, I have shown anyone and everyone who will sit still long enough. Ha! I'm surprised I haven't made my poor preschoolers look at them. Hmmm, that's a thought!!

3. My friends mean everything to me but I don't have tons of them. I always focus on quality over quantity. I know that I have more quality friendships than lots of people and I'm so blessed for that. 

4. Dustin and I are probably one of few couples that enjoy going out with our parents. Maybe it's the way we were raised or maybe it's just because our parents are so fun. We went to dinner with my parents and my brother this week. 

5. I love how my brother and I became real friends somewhere along the way. I'm not sure exactly when that happened because we always clashed before. Now, we appreciate our differences. My brother is one of the most unique individuals I have ever known. Most of the time, I'm jealous of how cool he is and how many people flock to him. And, he has the best time wherever he goes and believe me, he goes everywhere. He just returned form his one month trek around the country. I so enjoyed the updates along the way and all the great pictures when he returned Monday. 

6. I love food. I mean I seriously LOVE it. For this reason, I've had to resort to working out and running with Dustin. Believe me, I hate every minute of it but my body just doesn't allow me to eat all the time and be skinny anymore. Boo! My momma always said this day would come. Looks like she might know something after all. Ha!

7. I have a shoe obsession. I look at them online daily and dream. I know I can't buy all the time and I really have a sinful amount of shoes as it is. It's a shame non of my friends wear the same size as me.  Poor Dustin even made the comment the other day when I was showing him the new shoe trends for Fall (bless his heart) that we could turn his closet into a shoe closet for me and he could put his clothes in the extra bedroom. Don't think I didn't consider this for a second, but what kind of wife boots their husband out of the closet? I'll just have to make due and be reasonable (to and extent).

8 comments:

Lauren said...

This was great, Melissa. Loved #3 and #5 :)

Joanna said...

I am SOOO with you on #2, 3, and 4!!! I'll be married a year this Sunday ( Earl stay AWAY) and I JUST got our album less than a month ago so I am equally obsessed!

Jennifer said...

you should be obsessed with your wedding pictures because they are SOO amazing! speaking of, you need to update your header on here!

Anonymous said...

Hubs and I love going to dinner with our parents too. We usually see them at least once a week. Unfortunatly Hubs parents live 2 hours away but we visit every month or 2 months.

Candice Pair said...

There is nothing wrong with being obsessed with your wedding pics! It would be weird if you weren't! And we love being with our parents, too!

Abby said...

I love eating with our parents too!!!

Jamie said...

I love your new header! I need to start back working out but I just can't get motivated!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the sweet post! Your dad and I love spending time with you and Dustin too! I feel so blessed that my children actually like to be around us. And it blesses me, that you and Taylor are so close now. And, I'm glad you actually think I know something - ha!
As far as the wedding pictures, you were a beautiful bride - you should enjoy looking at them and showing them off!!
love you

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails