Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Pie

Last night a bunch of us had a dinner/ cookout at Matt and Jennifer's house. It was a nice night to just hang out and EAT! There were so many great things! There were hamburgers, brats, 7 layer dip, rotel dip, fruit pizzas, pasta, banana pudding, and peanut butter turtle pie. 

The peanut butter turtle pie recipe came from the Kraft summer magazine. My subscription ran out, but Jennifer still gets it, so she gave me the recipe. It was one of the easiest pies ever to make!
picture from Kraft.com

Ingredients:






8 oz.  Cream Cheese
1/3 cup  creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup sugar
2 cups  thawed cool whip
1/4 cup caramel ice cream topping
1 chocolate pie Crust 
1/4 cup chopped pecans
2 squares Semi-Sweet Chocolate











Directions:
Beat cream cheese, peanut butter and sugar in large bowl with mixer until well blended. Add cool whip; mix well.
Spread caramel topping onto bottom of crust; cover with cream cheese mixture. Freeze 4 hours.
Top with nuts just before serving. Melt chocolate as directed on package; drizzle over pie.


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yummm! that does look great! Thanks for making dieting a little harder today!!! lol

Jennifer said...

it was sooooooooo good!!!!

Bree said...

Mouth is open-wanting that so bad right now!

quite contrary said...

omg I'm so hungry!!!! that pie is making my mouth water...delish!

Jamie said...

That looks delicious!

Lauren said...

Melissa, this looks sooooo yummy!!!!! Thanks for sharing!!! :)

Mandy's Memories said...

Sounds delicious and I know if I can brown sausage, then I can make this!

USCEmily said...

Oh, YUM! I'm bookmarking this recipe!

Also, I am sorry to hear that someone uses blogging to belittle you and make you feel bad. I can't imagine why someone would do that to you. You seem so genuine and nice!!
Keep your head up :-) There are so many more people in the blogging community that think you are wonderful to let someone like that ruin things for you!

Unknown said...

This looks SO good...
Oh my goodness - so delicious! I might just have to make this this weekend :)

sanjeet said...

That looks delicious!
PPC Advertising India

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails