Thursday, May 20, 2010

wedding envelopes

Last night, Jennifer came over and we finished with invitations. All we had to do was stamp the rsvp envelope, stuff them, and seal them. No big deal and it really didn't take very long. I'm so very grateful to have such a wonderful MOH! 

When we got to the sealing part, we were stumped. We knew there was no way we would be licking all those envelopes. I have heard of people using a damp sponge, so we got a bowl of water and 2 small sponges. We both tried one and it didn't do right. 

We had to get creative. Since, I'm a teacher, I voted glue sticks and of course had them on hand. So we used a glue sick to seal them. I know this is not how this is normally done. But, now I'm wondering, how does everyone else do it? How do you seal a ton of envelopes without licking? Or, do you just lick them all? Ugh!

13 comments:

Jennifer said...

I think your idea was the best!!! It's not so sealed that they can't open, it's smooth, and it was easy!! You're a genius Mrs. Jones.

Aishlea said...

There is a little contraption that we have here in the office that I used for mine. It is a sponge on the end that unscrews from a small tube. You fill the tube with water, put the sponge top back on, and voila. Just press it down on the strip where you would have to lick it. The tube looks a lot like a glue stick!! You're pretty creative!

nicole said...

We just ended up licking them all, ugh is right, but at least we got them all sent out this week - whew!

THE Stephanie said...

I used a glue stick for mine, too! I had almost 400 invitations and the thought of licking them made me throw up in my mouth. LOL. Glue stick it was!!

Congrats! It's just around the corner, huh?

USCEmily said...

I am a fan of the gluestick method, myself! It's so easy and not as messy as water, which can drip all over stuff!

Lindsey said...

Love the new blog banner, so cute!!

For envelopes, I used a glue stick to seal them.

Cameron and Rachel said...

I think the glue was the best idea. I think we licked half of ours and then used the sponge on the the other half.
How exciting! Your almost there!

Classy Fab Sarah said...

With the "wet sponge" the trick is to not really get the sponge wet - just damp. However, it takes a second for the glue to activate... and long story short, it can be a huge pain in the butt.

Gluesticks are good, as long as you don't have any males helping you (cause in my experience they go a wee bit glue crazy!)


(Can you tell I did GIANT fundraising mail-merges in college? Like 500 letters every other week for about 3 months. Kill me.)

Jessica @ Wanting Adventure said...

There are these little doo-hickies that are called Envelope Sealers. It's basically a glue stick designed to just moisten the coating on the envelope so it can seal. But it also doesn't get as much water everywhere as those things with sponges on the end. I use them all the time at work.

Jess Elyse said...

Ugh, I don't think I could handle licking all those envelopes! Ya'll are smart with using the glue sticks! I use water as well when having to do envelopes like that.

And your new header is very cute! I love that picture!

emily said...

ugh i just had to send out over 50 thank you (i know, not quite the same) but i faced the same problem. i split it up with someone and did the licking but i highly recommned NOT doing that! haha when i was younger we used a tool from office max to help seal envelopes for my dad?? good luck!

Heather said...

Tape, baby tape!!! I like your idea though, very creative!! Jennifer is a great friend!

Megan said...

I used a glue stick on mine!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails