Monday, April 12, 2010

Too much fun

Last week at school the students were taking the TCAP test. This is Tennessee's state wide achievement test. Since preschoolers do not take the test but we had to be quiet for the others, we were put into what I called "exile". We had class in the gym Monday-Thursday. Although it was somewhat fun co-teaching with my girl Jodi all week, having 40 little people in one room with really bad acoustics isn't ideal. We survived though. 
On Friday, the school had a fun TCAP is over celebration. I think I had just as much or probably more fun than the kids did! There were moon bounces, a blow up basketball hoop, and a blow up obstacle course with the rock climbing wall/ slide. 
Yes, I played too! And, going down head first like this caused burns on both my elbows, but it was so fun!! That's the good thing about 4 year olds. I can be a complete nerd with them and they love it!
Afterwards, we all had snow cones! 
Then, once the kids were down for nap with our assistants, Jodi and I went back out to play. As luck would have it, all the kids were done for the day, but everything was still up. So, we had it all to ourselves!
Mandy couldn't resist the fun and joined us!
Ok, funny story...all three of us climbed to the top of the rock climbing wall to get a picture of us going down the slide together. Right when we all got up there, the generator running it all popped and ran out of gas. The thing started instantly deflating with us right on top. The top sank to the center sucking all 3 of us inward. None of us could move or get out because we were laughing so hard. I honestly haven't laughed that hard in a long time!

We're in there somwhere
finally getting out, still laughing
I love my job and it's so great to have such fun friends as coworkers!!

8 comments:

Jennifer said...

Reminds me of another time we were on one of those things!!! so much fun!!

Aishlea said...

That is hilarious! :) I'm wishing for a fun day right now...but I am off on Friday for our "after tax season holiday"! I'm counting down the hours!!

Jamie said...

Cute pics! Looks like y'all had fun :)

Mandy's Memories said...

I am laughing so hard as I read this! I seriously will not forget this day EVER! I have scrapes to prove the fun, plus an almost heart attack as Jodi lay on top of me and I on top of you. So glad these memorable moments were caught on camera. Thanks for all the entertainment :)

Heather said...

I bet you are a great teacher! I love those inflatables too, so fun! You have sweet little facs in your class!! Love this!

Trina said...

lol How funny! I'm claustrophobic so I think I would have panicked {and maybe peed my pants a little lol}!!

A Wedding Story said...

Seriously, could those kids get any cuter or look anymore excited for the bouncy wall!! I love kids!

Lauren said...

Soooo fun, love it, ha!!!!!! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails