*I know it's Tuesday, I meant for this post to go up tomorrow morning, but I clicked post now, so oh well! Most of you will read this Wednesday anyway.*
Ok, let's talk china patterns. I know picking out your china is a very traditional thing to do when you get married. However, at first I thought I might not register for any. Why? Because, have you seen the price of the stuff? I knew there was just too much else I needed. Also, I was afraid we would register and only get a few place settings and then what would we do? I know, obviously I'm a bit of a worrier.
Anyway, over Christmas I was explaining my feelings about this to some family members. I was also saying how I hadn't seen anything that just really stuck out to me as worth the money. I didn't want anyone spending that kind of money on something that I just sort of liked. I made the comment that I wish I could find some like my grandmother's because it is just so me.
Background: My grandmother, mom's mother, passed away shortly before I was born. Some of her things, such as china, are spread out amongst her children and grandchildren. I do, however, have one place setting of her beautiful china.
Ok, back to my story. My aunt comes up with this website where you can purchase discontinued (not used) china. Guess what! She found that exact pattern. Anyway, before I make this story any longer than necessary, the china was purchased for me (although of course I don't have it yet) and I could not be more thrilled.
It's not often that something as special as your china has such sentimental meaning.




12 comments:
Perfect! I love the china pattern, and the story that goes with it!! I'm glad you were able to find it!
aww.. thats awesome! i also questioned whether to register for any china or not. i ended up doing it, but only got 6 sets from the wedding.. and i definitely dont have hundreds of dollars to spend on 4-6 more sets! :( but i'm still glad i registered for it though!
talk about things working out!
So pretty...and I love the story behind it. I did register for china and only got two settings. I need to buy two more just to have four. We've only used it twice! ha!!
um, you're getting married?
We weren't going to register for china either, but ended up registering for it in the end. I'm curious to see if we get any - it's so expensive!!
I'm so excited that you are using your grandmother's china pattern and she would be too!!! Ashley recently asked me for my china that NEVER gets used and Lauren asked me for my grandmother's wedding ring on the same day. Am I sick and no one is telling me?????
Love,
Aunt Greta
lol @ Jennifer ;)
What a sweet thing for your family to do! I know having that will be really special.
I was the same way so I didn't register for any. I didn't have a grandmother that had fine china. Were not fine china people anyway so whatev! :)
I've heard of that web-site before, it's so cool!! I think it's great that your china has such a special meaning!!
How special for your family to do that! I love the pattern, it's beautiful!
I know just how you feel:) I did not register for China either b/c I already have TWO sets...my mother's and my grandmother's. It is so much more special to me! Plus I got to register for some nicer every day plates and I got every single piece:)
It is so pretty and you will be surprised how much fun it is to use the china on special occasions. This would of made my mother so happy that you liked her china.
Love ya, Aunt Robin
Post a Comment