The majority of you don't know this, but I have not spoken to Dustin's brother in 5 months. It's a long story of hurt that I will spare all of you.
Dustin and his brother reconciled a couple weeks ago. I've wanted to talk to him, but I didn't. Y'all understand that right? You know you need to do something, but you just can't. I've prayed about it every single day sometimes multiple times. I knew when it was right, God would put it into place.
Well tonight was that night. I'm cooking dinner and my phone rings. I almost die. But, I decide to talk to him. Before I answer, I silently pray for God to speak through me. I didn't want to be a wimp, but I didn't want to just totally go off (something I'm totally working on).
So I answer and I can tell from the tone of his voice that he is emotional and what will be said will be heart felt. I had an instant peace. It was a good talk that was nothing like I could have ever expected.
I cannot describe what happened next. It was all God.
To make this long story short, I invited him over to dinner and he came. What's even more, I just happened to have already made extra dinner saying that it would be good to have leftovers. God totally has this stuff planned even when we are completely clueless.
Anyway...
To make this long story short, I invited him over to dinner and he came. What's even more, I just happened to have already made extra dinner saying that it would be good to have leftovers. God totally has this stuff planned even when we are completely clueless.
Anyway...
It was just like old times. Him and Dustin cutting up and all three of us laughing.
I've missed him and had no idea that I did.


16 comments:
That's such great news girl! God is good!!
That is great!!! What did he do to upset you months ago?
I'm glad that you answered the phone...... ;)
Yay! That is so great:)
That is great news. So happy that you are all able to make peace and move forward. God is good.
I am SO happy for you guys. That is FANTASTIC.
Melissa! I laid in bed last night, (after I got off the phone with you) and thanked God for shining through and I'm so thankful I was able to see God work...AMAZING!!
I'm so happy that Dustin and you are were able to repair your relationship with R. I will continue to pray for each one of you and the whole family. Like I've said before, NOTHING is better than family (comparing to earthly things). You only have ONE family! =)
Call me later tater!
Love you!!
I am happy that you made peace with him! Doesn't life happen in mysterious ways! I hope that I can have the same courage you have when I have to face my FIL...boy have I been praying!
This is amazing news. I love when people make up it is such a good feeling.! I am so happy for you. (:
I'm glad everything worked out!
I love stories like this!
What an amazing blessing!! Definitely a God thing :)
I'm so glad that you answered the phone!! God does work in mysterious ways, thank you for sharing this!! He is good and faithful!
Aww it's so great when a conflict can be resolved! I'm glad everything worked out!
Thanks for following my blog! I am always excited to find new blogs out there too and I can't wait to catch up on yours! I hope you are loving wedding planning, it was so fun I seriously miss it! Can't wait to see wedding pics!
I love it when God does things like that! So awesome!
Post a Comment