Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Sorry

I went private last night and at first it felt great. I knew exactly who was reading my blog because I invited them. I didn't have to worry anymore about who saw what I was doing. I didn't have to worry anymore who knew every detail of my life. 

Then this morning, for some reason, it was really nagging at me. I ignored it the best I could all day. But you know what? It's not for me. I had to pick and choose through people because blogger only allows 100 readers to a private blog. How could I do that? What about all the countless emails I got from people saying how much they love my blog and how much I inspire them? I will be honest, I had no idea more than 1/2 of these people even read. Sure, I know how many hits a day I get, but it's a completely different story when people come out of the woodworks to tell you they love your blog. So, that is why I can't be private. I just can't. I thought it was right for me. I wanted it to be right for me. But the reality is, it just isn't! 

I'm sorry for wasting your time by having you email me and comment with your email addresses. I know all of you are probably thinking I'm ridiculous right about now. I don't blame you. I feel pretty ridiculous. I thought that I had thought the decision through but in reality, I made it on a whim and like the hardhead I am, I went through with it ignoring my gut instinct.

So, I'm public again. I hope you all still love me and will still follow. 

29 comments:

Trina said...

We still love you :) No worries!

Heather said...

No worries girl! I make decisions all the time and think why did I do that. I understand your reasons for wanting to go private, I have been thinking about doing it myself. I'm with Trina, we still love you!

Ams said...

Awwwww... you are definitely not crazy!! I know the feeling. Just take care of you - that's the most important thing! :)

Classy Fab Sarah said...

Lots of prayers for you!! Life is just tough sometimes!

I'm gonna send you an email tonight... I feel like I know how you are feeling a little bit!

Melissa said...

My old blog was private for awhile and I found that I got almost no comments and no new followers an d it made me sad! I totally understand why you went back to public and I'm glad you did! :)

Lauren said...

Melissa... don't be silly, you have a right to change your mind!!!! Love ya girl and glad you ultimately did what was best for you and what you felt was right! :)

Jamie said...

I never knew you could only have 100 followers if you went private. But don't feel ridiculous...we all change our minds!

Katelyn said...

I'm glad youre still public! I love reading about how your wedding planning is going! :)

Anonymous said...

Haha no big deal!

Mandy's Memories said...

Good job girl, you know I would be reading either way but good choice! Don't worry about, I will tell you like we tell the kids, you are making a good choice! lol

Kayla said...

haha... That's ok. We all have those feelings once in awhile! I'll still be a reader, don't you worry!

Kenj said...

Not even a problem.! Blog away.! We all love you still.!

Annie said...

i'm still lovin ya darling!!
i'm glad you stood up for yourself and didn't let one person ruin it for us all! :)
heart ya bunches!!

Anonymous said...

I'm happy you're still public! I was one of the many people emailing you (from Ontario :-)) I really hope you won't have any trouble anymore. Sending a little prayer your way, forgiveness can be a challenge. I totally understand you!Greetings from ON!

Stephanie said...

I'm glad you are following your heart! This is a good decision, for you.

Love you!

Kelly said...

No prolem at all!! I'll let my mom know you're thinking of her. Also, I was going to ask you about your flowers. Who did you end up using?

d.a.r. said...

I am so glad you are staying public!! I knew you had a lot of loyal readers and I didn't want to email you to ask to be added since I know that you can only add 100 people--too stressful!

Aishlea said...

I think everyone will be happy you are staying public because your blog is so fun to read and we all love ya! :)

Jennifer said...

gotta do what you gotta do!

Anonymous said...

Of course we still love you!

There's No Place Like Memphis Mama said...

Of course we still love you! Sorry you had a stalker in the first place:(

Anonymous said...

You're still loved, and I'm so glad you're back and I can cont reading the wonderful words you have to share :)

USCEmily said...

Ah, internal conflict- don't you just love it? No worries, though! I'd still read regardless because I love your blog!

Adrienne said...

that sucks that you can only have 100 viewers on a private profile. to bad there isn't a way to just block people.

Melanie said...

Hey melissa!
I know it is bittersweet! It is hard to remain public because of crazies but hard to be private because of all the people who gain inspiration from your blog. I am glad you are back public, because this blog is ministry as well. And because your blog is ministry, the enemy hates it and so he will try to do anything to discourage or frustrate. But, we have VICTORY and HOPE IN CHRIST. So I am going to be praying for you and for this blog. Specifically Deuteronomy 28:7!!! Be blessed and encouraged Melissa! The battle is not ours but the LORD'S!!! 2 Chronicles 20:15

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

I think it's so sad when people feel like they have to go private because of nastiness. Good for you for coming back!!

Crystal Corn said...

Hang in there Melissa! There is nothing more frightening...more sharply wounding than an attack on your writing. People feel they have the veil of anonymity and somehow that gives them the right to attack your very personhood without consequence. I've been there and was surprised at how quickly I privatized myself as well. I'm glad you decided to come out though-more people love you than hate you-and that's a big deal. Keep writing!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! Just saw your blog was back! That's great!I'm glad :)

sophia said...

So glad you are back! I know I am late responding and you may not see this but I had to share with you the joy I felt when I was able to get onto your blog again.

Welcome back and I am excited to follow your journey to your wedding!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails