Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Well, I'm officially private. It feels kind of good to know exactly who is reading. I'm not saying I'll never go public again, because I might. I received a bunch of emails from all kinds of people I never even knew read saying how much they enjoy this blog. But, for now, this is what is right for me. 

I would like for you all to pray for me. I'm learning a very tough lesson in obedience and forgiveness. You see, for a while now, God's been tugging at my heart to forgive. But, I've been too angry and too hard headed to listen. Today, I made the choice to listen and obey. 

"Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you." Colossians 3:13

13 comments:

Katie @ Miss Klohn's Classroom said...

That is such a wonderful verse... I have it written in my prayer journal. I will be sure to add you to my prayers. I have such a hard time forgiving too and then giving people trust back. At camp we have this saying, "If God brings you to it, He will get you through it!" Could not be truer. Hope it gives you a little hope!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad I got the invite. I want to see your dream wedding happen! I'm so excited for you. I'll be praying....I think we all could use this lesson on forgiveness and obedience!

Stephanie said...

I'm so happy for you and I'll be praying for you! I'm glad you posted this verse because I should have looked it up today when we were talking. I need to start refering back to actual bible verses instead of "some where in the bible it says" ;)

LOVE YOU!

Anonymous said...

As you pray for forgiving, pray that you can accept that person as they are. Because you can't change that person, but God can change your heart to accept them. Remember, God made them too, and loves them too. I will be praying for you - forgiveness is a tough one, but with God all things are possible. Love you

Unknown said...

Love this verse and Im praying for you! loves.

Gwen said...

Praying for you sweet girl. XOXO

Aishlea said...

Melissa, I'm in the same situation as far as being hard headed to forgive some people and now am learning the hard way.... I will be praying for you!

Beth Rowlett said...

I'm so proud of you. Sometimes it is such a hard thing to do--to forgive and let go of the anger when the other person won't let it rest. By holding anger in our hearts, they eventually become hardened. I'll be praying for all of us to forgive and find a way to move forward, one way or another.

Jennifer said...

Never thought it would be this hard.

Anonymous said...

Hey girl, can you send me your email address so that I can invite you to read my blog? I'm making mine private too... btuck814@att.net

Trina said...

Its definitely a tough one to learn!

♥ H ♥ said...

I need to leawrn that same lesson. I have some anger in my heart towards someone that doesn't even deserve that kind of energy from me but it's so hard to forgive for all the things they did. And I feel if I do forgive, then what they did was ok when it wasn't. I know that of course that isn't true but still....but I think once I let it go, a lot more love will fill my heart.

The Nashville Nosher said...

forgiveness can be very hard. Praying that God puts this in your heart!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails