
Bridesmaid Dresses
I am seriously thinking that I am going to have all my girls wear the same color and same length dress but allow them to choose the style they like best. My girls all have different body shapes and I doubt there is one dress that they will all love. I hate for them to spend the money on a dress that they don't like or will never be able to wear again.
Have any of you done this?
Have you seen this be done before?
What did you think?
Opinions please!


16 comments:
My cousin did that and I think it is super cute! What color are you thinking about for the dresses? There is this color at David's called Mermaid I think and I swear if I could do my wedding over I would use it b/c it is so pretty.
i love that idea! then everyone looks & feels their best!
I have seen that done and it is very pretty!
My bridesmaids were all different and we did a stapless tea length A-line and it was super flattering on everyone. Just another option if you want to go with the exact same dress for everyone.
At my BFF's wedding, just over a year ago, we all wore strapless black dresses in differing styles - and got rave reviews from just about everyone.
Definitely a YES in my book!!
If I had to do it all over again, I would totally have let my bridesmaids pick their own dress. You are so right about different body types looking good in different dress styles. I regret that I didn't allow my bridesmaids to have this option, so I definitely say do it!!
I would also make sure they're shoes match. The different style dresses are a good idea, but I think it's important to have EVERYTHING else be cohesive. I tend to be really type-A about that kind of stuff though.
I can't wait to hear more details!
Ive seen this done a ton and i think its great. Aria and After 6 have cute dresses you can choose from that you would possibly wear again too.
This is what I'm going to do too bc my bridesmaids all have different body types. I've found some bridesmaid dresses that are A-line and tea length, but just the top part is different (halter, strapless, sweetheart, etc) so they will still be pretty similar. And I definitely agree on having them wear the same shoes if you do this!
Hey Chicka! Jennifer has some bride magazines to give you that I gave her.
I had honorary bridesmaids and I didn't want them having to spend a fortune on a dress that they couldn't wear again so I asked them all to wear a black dress that they already had. I think it's the best idea! As long as the color and length are the same, you'll never even notice plus I think it adds some character to the wedding :)
Jennifer told me you were doing this and I thought it was a great idea =)
I love the idea of Wedding Wednesdays! Even if we don't have the same exact shoe (which we totally could) I think they should be the exact shoe.
Maybe once we find the dresses, we can be on the lookout for some cute cheap shoes that all the girls can order.
Hey there :) I see you are a huge Memphis Tigers fan like me!!! GO TIGERS!!!
And I love the idea of different dresses! Everytime I have seen that in a wedding I think it looks so good! It just adds something unique :)
Good luck! I can't wait to see what the end result looks like :)
Great idea :)
I can't wait to see what they come up with. Everyone is going to look GORGEOUS!
I think that's a great idea! I would have done it also but my 3 bridesmaids all liked the same one!! I know it's pretty easy to do that, same color/same fabric dress and different style at David's Bridal. They have a ton of choices! I'm sure other places would help you out too, I just really liked the selection and prices at Davids Bridal!
I love this idea. My cousin actually picked out 7 or so dresses for the bridesmaids to choose from. They were all same length and color just different styles. I love this, go with it!
I love that idea and I bet your bridesmaids will too!! I seriously can't wait to see all the photos!!
I did that for my wedding. I think it's a great idea since everyone has different body types.
Post a Comment