Thursday, January 7, 2010

"big snow"

This is the "big snow" that we've been anticipating for days now.

This is the "big snow" that caused the local grocery stores to be bomb barded.

This is the "big snow" that practically closed the town down.








I'm off work and got to sleep in an extra 3 hours.
Am I complaining? HECK NO!!
Do I wish we actually had a "big snow"? KINDA!
This is practically a joke. Oh well!! Only in the South!!

16 comments:

Kenj said...

oh wow, Come up to Rhode Island, we have plenty to share.!

There's No Place Like Memphis Mama said...

Haha! Well I will do you one better....the snow never came to Nashville at all and they still closed the school. I was like WTH?

Candice said...

hahaha! Gotta love "snow days" in Memphis :)

Suburban prep said...

Chicagoans wouldn't think twice about that stuff.
Want snow come on up to the Midwest

beckylbranch said...

LOL! That sounds about like it was here! Big anticipation and little follow through...oh well, yeah for coming in late!

Jennifer said...

It totally sucks because I'm at work. The roads are fine! I know everyone is happy to be off, but it IS a total joke to close schools for this. Oh well. Enjoy your day off! Love u!

Annie said...

oh my gosh! that is too funny!!
we got more snow than that on my way into work this morning! haha!!

Lauren said...

Haha!!! Too funny!! Speaking of snow, you sould read my post today, will give you a good laugh :)

USCEmily said...

This is great! They're predicting about 1/10 of an inch for us tonight and some parts of SC will get 1/2 an inch, and it will be the same panic around here! But, if it gets me off work on a Friday, I'm all for a long weekend :-) Yep, you've gotta love the South!

~The Neaves Nest~ said...

Well at least you didn't have to work!! And it is pretty!!

The Nashville Nosher said...

LOL it's even worse in Nashville. I think there might be 1/16 of an inch here...but I'm thankful to be off work too!!! Enjoy your day! I'm working on report cards all day :(

Ams said...

Oh no... are you actually serious? I am dying over here. We have about 5 feet of snow on the ground right now. I almost don't know what to say about all that snow!! lol

Heather said...

I feel so bad for all of you guys in TN!! They promised a big snow and nothing. :( At least you got a day off!! have a great snow day!

Kim said...

Haha that was cute! I hope we get a little bit of that here in SC tomorrow! Lets hope so! :)

Jordan said...

I blogged about the same thing! I thought my Kansas friends would get a kick out of it as they dig out of a foot of snow! Hope to see you Monday! :)

Melissa {BoutiqueMe.net} said...

I'm feeling you girl! It was going to be a "Winter Blizzard" here in Birmingham..and a light dusting would be an overstatement of what we actually received. I mean, I live in the South & I LOVE the sun...but a nice snow storm would be fun every few years. It's been 16 years for us, little over due! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails