I have been in the market for a riding lawn mower. Dustin used his dad's last year to cut my yard. But it was quite the hassle having to load it up, bring it over, then load it back up to take home. Push mowing is out of the question since my yard is too big. It would take much too long. I think it took Dustin several hours the day he tried. So, I decided I would just purchase my own riding lawn mower. Do you have any idea how expensive these things are? The cheapest one they make is $1,000 and it's not even automatic. I was getting sick thinking of spending that kind of money, especially on something that I (hopefully) will never use and I certainly do not like. We looked and looked for decent used ones. They were either junk or sold the minute they were advertised.
Last night, my parents, Dustin, and I went to Sears and Home Depot looking.
Last night, my parents, Dustin, and I went to Sears and Home Depot looking.


Actually, Dad and Dustin did all the looking. I was just there to pay. After seeing all the outrageous prices, we decided to continue looking.
Later last night I got a call from my dad saying he found me a mower. WHAT!?!?! He found a used one advertised and when he called the guy it turned out to be someone he actually knows. So, to make this long and boring story short, I got a used, but very nice riding lawn mower for $350! SHUT UP!!! Thank you Dad!!! I am thrilled at the amount of money that I saved. Looks like a shopping trip is in order VERY SOON!!!
This is a picture of the kind of mower I got. It's not the actual one because I'm too lazy to go take an actual picture. This one is actually a bit different, but you get the idea.
This is a picture of the kind of mower I got. It's not the actual one because I'm too lazy to go take an actual picture. This one is actually a bit different, but you get the idea.



15 comments:
when i was little and used to go visit my real dad....I would ride with him on his riding mower and help cut the grass LOL
Yay!! What an awesome deal!!!
ha ha you think like I do: money saved = shopping time!
That is a great deal! You def need to reward yourself for being such an awesome bargain hunter with a shopping trip!
Congrats! That is awesome! I couldn't imagine spending that kind of money on a lawn mower either...yuck!
That's an incredible deal, you go girl!!!!!! :o)
Do you have a pair of overalls and rubber boots to wear too? :)
Great deal girlie!!
That's awesome!!! congrats girl!!
lol isn't it bad that this is what we have to look forward to spending large chunks of money on!
I always loved mowing the lawn when I was still back home...It took about an 1.5 hours...I got a great tan while doing it! Congrats on the great deal...and thanks for checking me out.
Amazing deal! Those things are sure expensive - S and I were also looking at some this weekend. He got excited when he finally found one for $2K, but still!!!!!!!
Now you can mow your lawn while sipping lemonade - how nice :)
Very nice, congrats on your big girl purchase!!!
Look at you!! I love making 'big girl purchases.' 2010 will be my first car on my own! It is almost scary....
Awesome deal! Congrats girl!!
love your blog- new follower! :)
I love a great deal!! Congrats on your new purchase!
Post a Comment