Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Truly Blessed


Ok, so Jennifer wrote this post today that you should read. I say that because I have totally been thinking the same thing. Sometimes, I wonder if we aren't somehow long lost sisters! Anyway, It seems like everywhere I turn there is another tragedy, or sadness, or heartbreak. It happens to us all, some much worse than others.



Just recently, as most of you already know, baby Stellan was admitted to the hospital for the same condition that he was diagnosed with in the womb. This is just heartbreaking to me! To read the complete story if you have not, go to MckMama's blog! I have been reading this blog for a while and absolutely adore these children and family. I literally cried when I read what is going on. I have been praying constantly that God can heal him again! And that family is dedicated to no matter what happens it is in God's plans and time. MckMama is definitely an admirable woman, mother, and wife! If you don't already read her blog, seriously, why not? GO NOW!! And, whether you're a reader of hers or not, get on your knees and pray! Please!



It's so easy to get caught up in the bad stuff going on in our lives and all the negativity. I admit, sometimes when life is tough, I mope and feel sorry for myself, probably drama queen style. But, seriously, I am one blessed chic! Today I have been thinking about all the wonderful things I have going on in my life and how truly blessed I am.



I have a family that loves me and is ALWAYS there for me. I have a boyfriend who adores me. I have friends that I can count on no matter how long it's been. I have my own home that I was able to buy for myself. I have a wonderful job that I truly love!



There are so many people out there who have no family, or no loved ones, or no friends, or no place to call home, or just wish that they could be employed. WOW!!! I am truly blessed!


When times get tough, I want to be able to remember all the wonderful blessings I have been given! So, I challenge you next time the road gets bumpy or it seems unfair, think about what is right in your life. Odds are, no matter how big the problems seem, your blessings will outweigh! Take time right now to thank God for what you do have rather than what you do not!



I'm trying not to be too random, but, I just want to say that blogging has really been a wonderful experience in many ways. I have "met" so many of you out there that have more or less challenged me to be a better person and made me strive to have a closer relationship with God. I believe that everything happens for a reason and that it is all in God's perfect time and plan. Blogging, as fun and trivial as it may seem sometimes, has been a HUGE open door to many awesome women who I admire and respect. I strive to be as wonderful as some of them are. I mean, I hear stories of women that face tragedies that I literally cannot ever imagine making it through. And, they completely trust in God and continue to praise them in their worst times. WOW! I have had the luxury of not having to go through any such major life events. And, maybe, I never will. I know that God will NEVER take you where his grace cannot protect you!

So, in all this rambling, I want everyone who reads this to be inspired to think about and be truly thankful for your MANY blessings God has given you. Please DO NOT take this day for granted! Tell your love ones you love them, smile because you're alive and no matter how bad it is, it could be much worse. I love you all!! Thanks for reading, sorry it was kinda long!

14 comments:

♥ H ♥ said...

I couldn't have said it better myself. I'm guilty of having my drama queen moments and thinking the world is ending when I face a bump in the road BUT after a few hours of "poor me" I pick myself up by the boot straps and realize that I have it better than some and God will always be there to protect me in the hard times and he would never take me down a road that I am not prepared for.

So glad I started blogging :) I feel the same as you..I've been inspired by so many of the blogs I read!

XOXOXO!!

♥ H ♥ said...

Agreed!! But we would have to live down here...you don't have Charming Charlie! lol

♥ H ♥ said...

oh and I'm trying to follow that blog but I can't find the "follow" button!...I'm having a blonde moment LOL

♥ H ♥ said...

MckMama

Lauren said...

Awwww, I love you Melissa!!!! :O) Thank you sooo much for this!

Jane said...

Great post, I think you are absolutely correct! Blogging has been truly a blessing for me too and I am glad I am not the only one who feels this way.

Whitney said...

This is such a great post! Thank you for sharing!

Snickerdoodle Champagne said...

GREAT post! You are so right and it is nice to see you put that out there. We are SO blessed! :)

BTW, you've been tagged!

Jennifer said...

Number one, we ARE sisters. Number two, I was thinking the same thing today about blogging. That it has totally inspired me and helped me make some changes for the better. I should have done this a long time ago!

Niki said...

Great post!! I think about this everyday when I'm at work and see/take care of all the sick and dying children in our unit. It is hard to praise God when you see all this negativity around you but I have learned that God has a plan for EVERYONE and that we may not know why something is happening, we have to trust that God knows best and praise him for everything!!

Alison said...

Great post Melissa :) You always have such a positive attitude about life - thanks for sharing this reminder with us :)

Christy said...

Melissa, this is such a great post!! I just love your postive outlook!!

Thank you so much for such an awesome and inspirational post!! :)

alyssa said...

thanks for that great post & encouragement!! i can be such a brat sometimes!! blogging has done the same for me...i need to make a "things that are right" list : )

alyssa said...

and your post wasn't too long at all!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails