This Saturday, Dustin and I will celebrate our 1 year anniversary! It's been a whirlwind of a year. I absolutely cannot believe how quickly the time has flown by. Because it's the week of our anniversary, I want to dedicate a couple blog posts to our wedding. Even a year later, I cannot get enough of the pictures. :)
Attending: There were between 150-200 people at our wedding. It was more than I thought would be there. I'm not one to be the center of attention so it kinda freaked me out to have to walk down the aisle with that many people looking at just me!
Catering: The venue we chose also did the catering on site. We had the cakes done by two different people. I loved them!
Dress: It was a Maggie Sottero Adelaide dress. I found it at Low's Bridal in Arkansas. The woman helping me was amazing. I described my ideal dress and she was able to find it for me!
Engagement: We got engaged December 4, 2009 on my 27th birthday. We were engaged 8 months prior to the wedding.
Flowers: Two sweet, sweet friends of my mom's did all the flowers except for my bouquet. They are so talented!
Groomsmen: Dustin had 2 best men, Kenneth and his brother Russell. He also had 4 groomsmen, Charles, Todd, Steve, and my brother Taylor.
Honeymoon: We went to Punta Cana, Dominican Republic and stayed at The Excellence Resort. That resort is more than paradise! If you ever get a chance to go to Punta Cana, definitely stay there!
Invitations: I did them myself! It was a LOT of hard work and very time consuming, but they turned out exactly how I wanted.
Justice of the Peace: My grandfather did our ceremony.
Keepsakes: We had a normal guestbook at the wedding and a Titan's jersey that everyone signed at the groom's table.
Ladies Night: We had a bachelorette weekend at the lake. It was perfect!
Music: Pam and Terry did the reception. This was never a question. I've known for years that they would do my wedding. We love them!
Newlyweds: We definitely still are since it's only been a year.
Old, new, borrowed, blue: My old was a handmade hand kerchief that my grandmother bought me over 20 years ago in Belgium. My new was my pretty earrings. I borrowed the gorgeous hair clip of my cousin's and the veil was borrowed from my friend Stephanie. The blue was in my garter. Jennifer bought me a Memphis Tigers garter. ;)
Photography: my sweet friend Elizabeth Wiggs!
Question popping: It was my birthday and I was completely surprised. He popped the question at my house before we went out.
Shoes: I adore my shoes! When I saw them, I knew I had to have them and my mother in law was sweet enough to buy them for me.
Trash the Dress: I really like the Trash the Dress photo sessions. But, I think we might sell it. I don't see the point in keeping it really.
Unique: Two things we did that I think are somewhat unique: (1) We had 2 best men so they both escorted my matron of honor out. (2) Dustin and I took the Lord's Supper during our vows.
Vows: Mostly traditional vows with a few twists. We didn't write anything ourselves though.
Wedding Woes: A storm blew in just before the wedding was to start outside. We were able to delay it a bit and the storm moved on. Thank God! I was an anxious mess!
Young Kids: not many...I guess because it was a night wedding
Zzzzzz: Not much sleep. We were home around 1 and then awake again by 4 to go to the airport.




































6 comments:
Awwwww, love this!!!!!! :) Can’t believe it’s been a year!!!
Your wedding looked so pretty! :) And your blog is really cute!
New follower:DD
cute post!!! turned out to be a lovely wedding!!
Fun post! Happy {early} anniversary!
What a beautiful post. Happy almost anniversary! I think I may have to borrow this idea for the next time our anniversary comes around. It's a great way to recap!
You were a stunning bride!! Loved looking through all of your pictures. Happy anniversary!!
Post a Comment