Ever since the first day of March, we have been talking about the leprechaun. We've been talking about what he looks like, what he wears, his size, and if he will pinch us or not. But, most importantly, we have been talking about whether or not he will visit us.
Since everyone knows the leprechaun loves good behaving children, we have been on our best behavior lately hoping he will share his gold.
First thing this morning, the kids wanted to know "where is the leprechaun?" and "will he come?".
We made leprechaun masks hoping that would make him visit.
And, of course, like a little sneaky leprechaun, he came while we were at lunch.
And he did share his gold.
The kids were amazed and so very excited!
It's days like this that I seriously LOVE my job! Yes, cleaning up after that pesky leprechaun was more than I had anticipated, but it was worth it seeing the looks on those kids' faces when we came back from lunch!






15 comments:
Oh my gosh that is soooo cute! I bet your kids just loved it! You are the cutest teacher ever Melissa....seriously!
You are a great teacher! I wouldn't be able to do things like that! So creative... I am sure they loooved it!
Melissa! That is too cute!! Was that green paint that made the foot prints??? I bet he was a messy little guy to clean up after! lol
You're a great teacher!!! :)
Precious idea!! Love it!
My aunt watches kids at her house and that same sneaky leprecaun came to her house too! You are such a great teacher! You're kids are very lucky!
so so cute!!! What a great teacher you are!!!! :)
That is really cute! I bet their faces were priceless!
:-)
How fun! I know your kiddos loved it!
how fun!!! great idea!!
This is so cute. I remember being in kindergarten and my teacher making a HUGE deal out of the leprechaun, and leaving signs that he was in our room and little treats for us. It was so fun for us. So I'm sure this is something your students will remember for a long time!
That is absolutely the cutest thing ever! I love it! Those kids are lucky to have you as their teacher.
You are such a sweet teacher. You totally made those kids' day! I wish I had had more teachers like you growing up :)
That is too cute! What a great teacher you are!
How cute!! Looks like such fun :)
Post a Comment