Tomorrow I have a neurologist appointment. If you were reading this blog about 8-9 months ago then you might remember that I was having very frequent migraines and tried several medications. I was finally put on a daily preventative and given a migraine pain medicine to take as needed. The preventative has helped and I very rarely get a migraine unless I'm stressed. Stress seems to be the likely indicator of my migraines.
However, I have put on close to 10 pounds over the last 6 months. At first, I thought I was stressed wedding planning and maybe I over ate or just gained. Then, I blamed the honeymoon and all the food we ate. Now, there is nothing to blame and I cannot understand why I can't get rid of the extra weight I've gained. I've cut back on food, I've exercised, and even took up running some with Dustin.
Nothing works. I can't drop an ounce.
I finally started researching online about my preventative. What is one of the major side effects? WEIGHT GAIN!
So, I called my doctor and looks like I'll be weaning off this medicine to start a new one. I've done lots of researching this time so I'll be more informed when we decide what I need to go on now.
I'm excited to finally know that there really is a good reason why I've gained the weight and why I can't get rid of it. I'm a little scared about weaning off the medicine because I hear it makes you very irritable and I'll most likely get quite a few migraines in the process.


17 comments:
i hope this works for you!
I hope it works!! I will be thinking about you! Coming off any medicine can be a challenge, but once it's out of your system you'll feel SO good about it! Will be thinking about you!
Maybe you will not have any side effects from going off the meds onto a new one. I sure hope so!!
Aw, girl, praying for you and hope you find the right medicine that helps all the way around!!! Thinking of you!
hope everything works out girl! thinking about ya!
Good luck hun! With medications and side effects its definitely a trial and error process - I hope you find one that works for you with minimal issues!
Ugh medicine is a blessing and a curse!! Praying it goes smoothly for you!
I tried to quit birth control pills bc of weight gain but the side effects of NOT taking them made me go back on. So I'm learning to love my extra weight. NOT!
Hope your doctor visit goes great! I'll be thinking about you :)
Ah pesky medicine! Hope the next one works better for you!
How great it must feel to finally understand what was going on! Good luck with the weening process ~ hope the doc has something better for you! No meds are worth an extra 10 lbs :)
You'll find something that works!
I hope this helps you friend!! Praying for you as you go to the doc!!
Good luck. I hope the weaning off goes smoothly for you.
Good Luck! I didn't even think about the meds causing weight gain.
Hopefully it will work! I've never haid a migraine and I can't say I want to! Love the post below. Your header is super cute!
lindseyl0ve.blogspot.com
I hope you get what you want out of your appointment. I think weight gain is the worst side effect. Yuck!
I'm a new follower and I just love your blog! This particular post caught my eye because I too suffer from migraines. I'm curious what medicines you have tried and what has worked for you. I started getting migraines about 12 years ago. Mine are hormonally triggered (I also have Endometriosis and PCOS so that in itself can cause a migraine) but I'm definitely going to be praying for you! I know how hard it is to deal with headaches! Congrats on your marriage! Being married is wonderful! Thanks for stopping by my blog! Hope to see you finding some relief for your headaches soon!
Amy
Post a Comment