It was a long day and I'm surprised I can even type straight. I only had 3 kids today (they are staggering in this week) but oh my! One was perfect, one was a Hispanic boy that spoke mostly Spanish with a few random English words thrown in. I like to call this Spanglish. Then....the other girl. OH MY PEOPLE! This little 25 pound 3 year old little girl was a MESS! She is as sweet as she can be but she was literally bouncing off my dang walls and man was she ever loud. If you know me in real life, you know I'm a loud person so for me to call someone loud, that means they are L-O-U-D! Anyway, I'm sure when they all come Monday, I'll be dead on my feet by the afternoon.
Anyway, today's theme is classroom tours. My pictures are kinda bad because I took them at the end of the day today and was too tired to care.
Welcome to Ms. Melissa's Preschool classroom!!
computer station: These are Hatch touch screen computers made for kids. They are practically indestructible and come completely loaded with tons of preschool learning games!


These are all the math and science manipulatives. There is also a really cool science center table that I didn't get a picture of that the kids love.


This is the kid's library area. I have another shelf of my books that I teach with that they don't have access to.
And, I just had to show these. We make faces on the first day and keep them hung in the room the entire year. This is one of my favorite scrapbook items. My assistant does the hair on each of them to look exactly how the child wore it that day. These are done yet. Some still need bow, beads, or braids.


Well, thanks for stopping by and sorry I didn't have the best of pictures. If you want to join in go to Babbling Abby's blog.







12 comments:
I love the idea of making faces for the first day of classes and then making the hair the way they wore it! So neat. :)
your classroom is great! and i'm amazed by anyone who can teach pre-k. get it, girl!!! {and good luck with the littly sweetie you met today!}
Your classroom is wonderful and so colorful and inviting! I bet the kids just love it! The classroom that I help with does the face thing as well and she always gives them back to the kids at the end of the year. Do your kids just trickle in slowly over the next 2 weeks or how does that work?
Your room looks amazing as usual! I love the way Ms, Helen makes teh beads and braids on the faces! haha, love Houston's from last year. You are right about lil bit! My advice is keep your stapler up after seeing what she did with mine :) One more day!
Cute classroom! I just adore the polka dot cushions in your reading center!!
Your room is so CUTE, Melissa!!!! :)
You have an awesome room! My favorite units are the library and the math manipulatives and I love how you added the computers are kid-friendly and indestructable haha
I seriously need to make note of all the cool things you, Mandy, and the other teachers are doing! I'll never remember otherwise!
Your room is so cute!! I love it!
It's so neat, clean, and organized!
Your room looks great! You have so many fun things :) I love the faces the kids do on the first day...too cute!
It looks so cute. I love how bright, cheery, and organized it is!
Post a Comment