Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Pink Palace, cardboard boat race, and a surprise!

Friday, 2 of my friends asked me to join them with their sons at the Pink Palace. I hadn't been in years and they had free passes, so why not? I think most of the exhibits were a little over the boys' heads but overall we all had fun!

This past weekend, Dustin and I went to the cabin. We've only been twice this summer since we were so busy with wedding related activities. Every year, at the end of July, they have this cardboard boat race. The boats have to be made entirely out of cardboard and they race. At the end of all the races, they do a demolition match. It's usually pretty fun and entertaining. It was sooo HOT this weekend!

Yesterday, when Dustin came home from work he had a present for me. I knew I had a surprise coming, but didn't know what. Apparently, he talked to Liz, and she helped him pick out a new lens for my camera. Then, he had Jennifer order it for him. 

11 comments:

Katie @ Loves of Life said...

Ohhh the 50 mm is my BEST FRIEND! Thats how I get the up close face shots of Emeline that need ZERO editing. They are perfection. Hope you love it as much as me!

d.a.r. said...

Ahhhh I have been told that is just the best lens ever! Yay for a fun gift! How sweet and thoughtful :)

Lauren said...

I would say that hubby is a total keeper!!!! :)

Jamie said...

What a sweet hubby!!

Tara Gibson said...

YAY for that awesome surprise!

Jenn @ West Sac Honey said...

Such an awesome surprise! I've heard such good things about that lens!

~The Neaves Nest~ said...

What a sweet hubs! :)

Melody said...

so exciting on the new lens! the pics of the cardboard boat races reminds me of college days, we did those during homecoming week and I always had to get in it since I was one of the smallest! fun times :)

Erin said...

Love your new lens - what a sweet hubby you have!!
I'm a new follower. I came from Jamie's blog! :)

Faith said...

I just got that lens on Thursday! I can't wait to play around with it more. What a sweet hubs you have!

Anonymous said...

awesome surprise... I got a new lense last oct.


My Blog Click Here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails