I had a really fun, busy weekend. But, I'll just have to share that with you all tomorrow.
Today I want to share with you something my brother has been up to. There was an article in the Memphis paper recently, but I don't have it. My brother is a skater and has been since he was very young. By skater, I mean skateboarder. There are lots of other skaters in the Memphis area, but sadly, there isn't anywhere for them to skate.
He and his buddies have been working on their own skate place for a while now. They got permission to clean up this abandoned area and build ramps and what not to skate.
That's Taylor in the blue plaid shirt
Apparently, it has attracted some attention. Even Memphis Mayor Wharton is "on board" with the idea of Memphis having it's own park.
Although they are putting a lot of time and energy into building this temporary place to skate, they are uncapable of funding and building what Memphis really needs.
Pepsi is giving away a $250,000 grant for something of this nature. Currently, the Memphis skatepark idea is ranked 15th out of 1100 ideas! That's incredible, but it still needs to make it to the top. This is where all you lovely bloggers come in. PLEASE go to this website and vote. You can (and I know you will) vote everyday. With your help Memphis can win this grant and people like my brother will have a legitimate place to hang out. What's more, the children of inner city Memphis will have a place to hangout and be active! How perfect! Now, GO VOTE !!
Also, you will notice I have put a link at the top left of my blog so (in case you forget the web address) you can vote EVERY SINGLE DAY!
Thanks friends!!





6 comments:
That is such a great idea!!! I voted!
I voted and I will try to remember to vote everyday.
Good luck to your brother and his friends.
Great idea! I will vote friend!
Great idea! I voted!
I voted! I hope they get the grant!
They are up to 14th now!! You know I'm voting!
Post a Comment