Friday, March 19, 2010

Do it anyway

I don't think I've ever talked about this on the blog, but Dustin is working towards being an EMT fireman. Actually he has been working at this for several years now. He has a really great job in the meantime which is a blessing. As many of my close friends and family know, there have been quite a few doors shutting in his face lately. This is extremely frustrating. But, he won't give up. That's one of the things I love about him. He's hard working and takes it very seriously. But anyway, this has been the topic of 90% of our discussions lately. I know it's hard for him and I'm just trying to be as supportive as I possibly can be. 

Will you pray that I can continue to be his source of support and strength? Also, that he won't get too discouraged. As my mom says, When God closes one door, he always opens another window. So true. 

I had my ipod on shuffle and a random Martina McBride song came on that brought tears to my eyes today.


"You can chase a dream 
That seems so out of reach
And you know it might not ever come your way
Dream it anyway

God is great but sometimes life aint good
And when I pray
It doesn't always turn out like I think it should
But I do it anyway"

Sometimes, I thank God that things didn't turn out like I thought they should. If I would have had every prayer answered the way I thought they should have at the time, I wouldn't be where I am today and I thank God for that!!

10 comments:

Jennifer said...

When things don't work out the way we want them to WHEN we want them to, that's God's way of giving us perserverance. And Dustin's got it! And you are his biggest support and will help him get through it. Praying for both of ya'll cuz I just lurve you so!

Leigh said...

Im definitely praying. Do not get discouraged. My moms boyfriend is a fireman in Olive Branch and is in EMT school {he's almost finished} He helped Keith {Stephanie's husband} some so please dont ever hesitate if you have questions or need any help/advice.

Lindsey said...

I love that song, so powerful!

Jordan said...

I will defintely be praying. I totally understand where you're coming from- we were there only a few months ago, and while everything isn't totally normal yet (no job for me, no house), God has really shown us his plan in his time. Things will work out how they are supposed to! In the mean time, hang in there!

Ams said...

Definitely praying for him!! It will all work out... just keep pushing through!!
Have a great weekend :)

Robin said...

Melissa, I too love that song.. praying for God to open doors for Dustin.. for Girls, it is important for us to be loved but for men, it is important that they are respected and admired by their woman. So as you pray for Dustin, remember to always show him respect and that you support him in whatever he does. So proud of you to know that the most important thing we can do for our men is to pray for them daily. Girlfriend, God will hear your prayers. Hope you are enjoying your spring break and only 9 or 10 weeks to go until summer time..and then the wedding. Oh I love your rehearsal dinner dress, great choice. I am waiting on my company to arrive from Tenn and my Texas girls.. ready to have some fun. Love ya, Aunt Robin

Kenj said...

Such a good song, and a great meaning behind it. I will keep you both in my prayers. Soon enough things will turn around. Don't give up.

Mandy's Memories said...

Praying for you guys and I know it will all work out! Great song and you are so right about if everything went your way, you wouldn't be where you are now! It's all in God's hands!

Stephanie said...

I'll be praying for you both! DINNER SOON! (I've got to do your strap and Dustin and Keith need to meet)

Love you!

alyssa said...

prayers coming to you & your hubby for doors to open!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails