I'm soooo ready to go register. We're 5 months from the big day so we're thinking we'll go sometime in the next month. That's not too early is it?
Anyway, I was thinking registering at Target for the basics and Macy's for the pretties. I'm actually pretty clueless. I have quite a bit of stuff since I've had my own house for over a year. I'm thinking I need upgrades since I bought mostly the cheap stuff to get me started.
Any suggestions on must have registry items??
Any suggestions of places we should register??
Thanks for the advice friends!



16 comments:
We are doing Macy's for bedding and Target for all the other stuff! Also doing Pottery Barn for serving platters, etc. Have fun!
We registerd at Bed, Bath and Beyond for our china and other pretty stuff and target for the basics. I actually found registering to be overwhelming because I didn't want to be that couple who picked everything that was expensive.
Definitely try to upgrade! One thing S and I didn't ask for was new pots and pans, and I SO wish we would have, because all we have is a hodge podge of hand me downs that, frankly, really suck. We didn't want to list it because of the price for a full set ($$$), but I bet if we would have just put some individual cookware on there it would have worked.
Other things I wish I would have put more of are sheet sets and towels. The one sheet set we got for our wedding (which was very high quality!) actually tore a hole after 2 years of use. And we were left with nothing to replace it with since the line was discontinued.
Another tip - make sure you have things for every budget on there. Of course - if you'd rather just get cash, then just don't put too many things on the registry.
I think those are great ideas! I will warn you though...Target will only let you bring back up to $20 worth of stuff, twice a year, without a gift receipt. They are awful! I had to keep so much stuff that were duplicates bc I didnt get gift receipts.
Also, Ive had friends register at Pier One for decorating stuff...you can have a "decorate your house" shower with just you and your girlfriends...its fun!
I recc Bed, Bath, & Beyond. They have everything and they have the greatest return policy - you can take anything back and get cash!
We registered at Macy's and Bed Bath and Beyond. I really wish we would have registered at Target. We ended up getting alot of Target Gift Cards which was awesome. It all depends on who is working at Target as to whether or not you can return stuff. I was very fortunate and was able to return everything that was purchased for us without receipts. No matter where you register you will still get random stuff from random places. We've been married almost 3 months and I'm still getting gifts.
Good Luck with Registering! It can get stressful but just relax and have fun!
Um, I have no good advice because we registered for an entertainment center. :)
My sister and her hubby did Bed Bath and Beyond and Target!! ... and I don't think it's too earlly. Have fun :)
I can't believe that you two are getting married in five months! WOOHOO!
I have no suggestions but can't wait to hear what you register for!
Registering at two places is always a plus. Remember to get a range of prices so all your guests can feel comfortable purchasing a gift they know you'll love.
I'm going to go against the usual advice, but unless you KNOW you will entertain and host big fancy dinners, I would suggest getting a bunch of nice everyday china that you can dress up for formal. We have five sets of the fancy ones and three stemware pieces and haven't used them in 3 years.
It didn't help that Husband opened boxes and threw away receipts before I had time to properly analyze presents. Had I seen what we ended up with, I probably would have exchanged the pieces and gotten more of my everyday china.
I registered at Target and Bed Bath and Beyond. Target was an absolute pain to deal with!! We loved BBB for their return policy before it was over! I love Target stuff so it was worth it to register there and deal with the lousy return policy... Just beware what you are stepping into! Ha! I don't think its too early because you might need to revise it after you look at it again! You will have plenty of time to make changes and get what you really need and want!
Recently, a bunch of the weddings that I have been too have been registered at BBB. They have so many wonderful things. I think you might want to possibly look into registering there too.
I have heard really BAD things about Target and their return policy so we registered at Bed, Bath, and Beyond instead since they basically carry the same stuff!! We also registered at William Sonoma because I am obsessed with that store!! Have fun! I found it was more fun to do it online! Definitely less stressful :)
Hey Melissa! We also did Target and Bed, Bath, and Beyond. We went with BBB because a friend told us about Target's return issues, too. I only have a couple suggestions: 1- if you're doing fine china/stemware, be sure you check the prices as they help you select. We ended up changing a lot of things because we didn't want guests paying $60/glass :). 2- Don't stress while you're in the store. The best part of registering now is that you can add and take things off easily at home once you've had time to go to both of your stores and see what you find. Good luck!
It is def not too early to register, you can always update and edit if you change your mind. I had bad luck at Target with returns and we also registered at Macy's for the fancy stuff. Just save and label gift receipts and don't take anything back until after all your showers. You may get duplicates or similar items you want to return for store credit. We used our return credit on our gifts for over a year. Good luck! Oh yea, Dustin will have a blast with the "gun"! haha
Bed, Bath, and Beyond? They have alot of name brand things and you can always use a 20% off coupon there too. Maybe somewhere like PB or Williams Sonoma? You could end up racking up a lot of gift cards from there!
Post a Comment