For about a month I have been researching SLR cameras. I'm pretty dead set that I'm buying one with my tax return this year. You can't beat the quality of the pictures. Plus, I feel like it will be a good investment for the future when Dustin and I have a family.
I keep coming back to the Canon Rebel, but I haven't made my mind up yet for sure. That's where I need you all. I know many of you have these types of cameras. What do you have? How do you like it? If you could recommend any camera what would it be?
Also, if I were to go with the Canon Rebel, do you think it's worth the extra money to get the T1i with the 15 megapixels and HD video?
I don't think I would use the video feature much now, but I would when I have children. Please give me advice!! Thanks!!



11 comments:
Heyy Melissa,
I have the Cannon Rebel w/o HD vid. I think it would come in handy in the future... and probably worth the $$ if I did it all over again? I am using my camera for photography purposes right now, but agree in the future it may be handy. LOVE CANON's tho! Still getting used to mine. Have fun!
Hey... here's my two cents worth. I am a CANON girl-- so I would definitely recommend the Rebel. As far as the 15.1-- the only reason I would go that route would be for the video feature. Otherwise, the 10.2 mp would be just as good. If you think you'll use the video feature- then DEFINITELY.
If you're ever thinking of becoming a professional photographer-- I would tell you to skip the video feature and start with the Canon 40D.
If you're just going to be doing photography as a hobby and want to take GREAT pictures- then this one is PERFECT.
I hope this helps!
I had the same dilema as you. I planned on buying a DSLR myself, but Santa decided he was going to get one, but needed to know if I wanted the Ti or Xsi. I went with the Xsi. I love it! I decided I didn't need the video portion; I have it on my point and shoot and rarely use it. I figure if I want a video camera, I'll buy a flip that I can easily take anywhere.
We have this exact camera. We got it for Christmas as our joint present. WE LOVE IT! We paid the extra to get the HD video & 15 megapixels because we knew we would use it when we have a family. It takes excellent pictures and we couldn't be more happy. Though, there are a ton of different features and we are still learning how to use most of them! Good luck!
I have the exact camera you have pictured. I love it! It takes a lot of time to learn everything about it and how it works but it's so worth it!
I don't have a Canon, but I have a Nikon D40 and I love that! The best purchase I have ever made!
So I don't have the DSLR but now I'm drooling over it! I definitely want to upgrade soon. :)
In any case, I can speak to the video question. Husband just got a new 10 MP canon point and shoot camera for Christmas and we really liked the built-in video. We could have one thing that does both really well and not have to carry around two things on vacation. Just a thought! It was really nice to be able to switch quickly, too.
I have the canon rebel XSi and it does absolutely everything that a "aspiring" photographer like myself needs....I just couldnt justify the extra for the Ti...but I am sure it is awesome...the rebel is a very user friendly camera. It takes good pictures on its auto settings!
I used to have a Canon Rebel and it was good but I would never ever ever give up my Nikon D40, you simply can't get any better and the price is fantastic!
I am pretty convinced, based on the hundreds of reviews I've read, that the Canon Rebel is definitely one of the best on the market. In my opinion, the 10 megapixel is MORE than adequate for how big of photos I want... I'm not planning many poster-sized prints, if you know what I mean.
However, when you factor in the video thing... well then I'm not so sure.
Let us know what you decide! I still haven't bought the Rebel yet because I'm a chicken... but my goal is to buy it sometime this year!
I would tell you to skip the video feature and start with the Canon 40D.
Work from home India
Post a Comment