Thursday, December 31, 2009

2009 review

2009 was a great year, but I KNOW 2010 will be even better!!

Here are a few highlights from 2009:

-In January, my brother was healing from his leg surgery and doing really well. Much better than expected. Also, all of the blog world was praying for sweet baby Harper.

-In February, Dustin and I celebrated our 6th Valentine's Day together at our usual spot, Bonefish. Also, I started the Bible study Esther. I blogged about it quite a few times, because it was just that good!!


-In March, we got a crazy amount of snow. In some parts it was up to 18 inches. I can't ever remember having that much here.


-In April, Dustin and I totally revamped my flower beds. It was very hard work! Also, I purchased my first riding lawn mower. Ha!


-In May, I was super busy preparing for the end of the school year and planning preschool graduation. It's always such a bittersweet time of the year!


-In June, Dustin and I went to the beach with friends and I enjoyed my first month of summer break!


-In July, I went to the beach with girlfriends and enjoyed my 2nd and last month of summer break. July was also when that baby elephant died at the Memphis zoo. That made me so sad!


-In August, I prepared for a new school year. I was extremely anxious because my class was half 3 year olds. I didn't know what to expect, but it's been a very lovable, sweet class. Also, in August, I had my first big party at my house for Dustin's birthday! I was a wreck cleaning for days. Ha!


-September brought a lot of stress with the child in my class that I was referring. The paperwork and time spent was overwhelming. But, everything worked out for the best.

-In October, me, mom, Aunt Robin, Caroline, and Dixie went to Living Proof Live to see Beth Moore. Amazing!! Caroline and I even got to meet Jenna, Big Mama, and Boo Mama. So fun!


-In November, we celebrated Thanksgiving and I put my Christmas decorations up way early this year!!


-In December, I celebrated my 27th birthday by getting engaged. It was seriously the best birthday ever!


2010 will bring lots and lots of wedding planning, then the big day, an incredible honeymoon, and then adventures of Dustin and I starting our new life together. It all sounds so amazing! I am definitely looking forward to this new year and all the blessing it has to offer!!

Thank you God, for you have done immeasurably more than I could ever ask for or imagine!!

Everyone have a fun and safe New Year's Eve!

11 comments:

Classy Fab Sarah said...

Sounds like 2009 was pretty darn awesome and 2010 is going to be even better!!! I'm so excited to hear about all the fun wedding plans!!

Lauren said...

Awww, I just loved this Melissa. Good things are coming your way for you and Dustin in 2010. So excited for ya'll :)

Aishlea said...

What a year you just had...and what a year that is coming up!!! :) So excited for you and all that is about to unfold in your life. I love hearing your plans!!

Happy New Year!

Ria @ Life as a Wife! said...

Beautiful - What a fantastic year! The best is YET to come :)

Ams said...

Amazing year :) (Lots of trials and stress, but look at you guys now!) Can't wait to see what 2010 has to offer you!!
Have a great New Years Eve Melissa!

Confessions Of A Domestic Goddess said...

Sounds like 2009 was a wonderful year! I'm sure 2010 will bring even more blessings!

xoxo!

Jennifer said...

2010 is definitely YOUR year Mrs. Jones!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mandy's Memories said...

Happy New Year and you are right, 2010 is definately going to be YOUR year!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great year! Happy New Year!!

Megan said...

So excited for you and all that 2010 holds!!! Can't wait to follow you during this journey! :-)

Heather said...

What a great year for you!! I can't wait to see all the blessings for you in 2010!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails