On Tuesday, a baby girl elephant was born to mother Asali, an African elephant at the Memphis zoo. How exciting! Did you know that mother elephants are pregnant for 1 year and 9 1/2 months? That's almost 2 years! WOW!!
Yesterday, the baby stumbled while walking and the mother tried to assist her baby back on its feet when she accidentally injured the newborn with her tusk. The baby was immediately transported to the zoo hospital, but the injuries were too severe and the baby didn't make it. She lived just one day. So sad! Elephants are social creatures and it is said that Asali is mourning the loss of her baby. :(


13 comments:
THIS IS SO SAD!! I am so sorry for the mommy elephant. My heart is hurting. Poor little baby elephant.
<3,
Iva
that's horrible!!
That is just so sad :(
heartbreaking :(
Poor baby elephant:(
Love the new layout!
Aww :( That poor momma elephant missing her baby, SO SAD!
soo sad! we talked about that last night at dinner!
love your new header!!! =) just missing sammy!
Y'all have fun AGAIN at the beach! not long for us! woohoo!
That is so sad. I love animals sometimes I think I missed my calling of being a vet or owning an animal shelter.
That is so sad! :(
Love the new blog design!
wow that's a long pregnancy! I love elephants!
This makes me so sad! Poor MaMa Elephant!
This is terrible!! I'm so sad for that mommy elephant. I sure hope she can make it without her baby and maybe having another.
wasnt that so sad?! i was sooo excited about meeting the new baby :( and whats even worse is that one of the staff members was on the radio that morning, before it happened, and they were just so estatic...and apparenlty had been trying to get her pregnant for 7 yrs!!
Post a Comment