Here is the post I promised you with the adventures from our Memorial Day weekend at the cabin. This is Friday heading out. We got kind of a late start and didn't make it to the cabin until about 10 p.m.
Saturday, Dustin and I were so excited to get our boat out on the water. We got out on the water only to find we were taking on water. Literally. Turns out, we have a crack in our boat. I hurried out of that boat and into the boat with my dad and everyone else because who likes sinking. Dustin put it up and we enjoyed the rest of the day on the Pontoon with my dad, the neighbor Chad and his new girlfriend, my brother, his gf Katherine, and his roommate Eric. We had beautiful weather and I actually got to get some sun, which I have been dying to be able to do!
Dustin and I smiling even though we just found out there is a crack in the boat. This is once we joined everyone else on the pontoon.
my brother Taylor and his girlfriend Katherine
Dustin and I smiling even though we just found out there is a crack in the boat. This is once we joined everyone else on the pontoon.
my brother Taylor and his girlfriend Katherine
Dustin climbing the cliffs to jump off
Dustin and I (check out that view)
Monday morning, we decided we would just head home. We had already had enough adventure for the weekend. On our way home, we blew out a trailer tire. Dustin and I just looked at each other and laughed. What a weekend! It took over an hour to get it changed out because the jack Dustin had wasn't functioning properly. We had to leave the boat and drive down the road to find someone who had a better jack.
the blown out tire
Sunday, we woke up to rain and much cooler weather. We sat around until about lunch time and decided we needed to get out. We went by boat to climb the Sugar Loaf mountain. The boat ride was windy and wet. You can tell we're excited! Once we were climbing the mountain, it was fine. The trees covered the light rain. It was actually great weather for climbing the mountain because usually it is so hot. Afterwards we got caught in some more rain and wind trying to put the boat up. It took forever because it was too windy. However, a few minutes after we pulled away from the boat launch, the sun came out. Go figure!
Braving the rain to climb the mountain!
Dustin and Taylor at the top
Braving the rain to climb the mountain!
Dustin and I (check out that view)
Monday morning, we decided we would just head home. We had already had enough adventure for the weekend. On our way home, we blew out a trailer tire. Dustin and I just looked at each other and laughed. What a weekend! It took over an hour to get it changed out because the jack Dustin had wasn't functioning properly. We had to leave the boat and drive down the road to find someone who had a better jack. Needless to say, we made it home safely! But, now we have a boat to fix and a trailer tire to replace. Oh well!


14 comments:
looks like yall had fun!
left you an award on my blog =)
Awww!! At least ya'll got a mini getaway! And your brothers mustache makes me laugh!!! He's so crazy!
What a weekend!! Glad you had a good attitude about it and still had fun!
Wow, that was a weekend! Despite everything, glad ya'll were okay through it all, and that you had fun!
That sounds like one of my weekends! At least I know I'm not the only one who can't help but laugh when EVERYTHING goes wrong!
p.s. I'm taking it upon myself to "ground" you from The Shred! You look awesome in the bikini!
Haha sounds like my weekend! I was stuck in the middle of the lake on a brokedown boat!!
Aww it looks like you had such a fun time!!!!
Your luck looks like mine--my hubby's truck "exploded" oil everywhere last night. There is no telling what it will take to fix it. And the danged thing is 2 months away from being paid off! You just have to laugh sometimes!
Looks like it was a fun weekend despite the bad luck with the boat and trailer! At least you had another boat to jump on when yours started taking on water!
oh my god. It sounds like you had an eventful weekend!!! I loved the dogs hair in your first picture!!
hi Melissa! 1st time visitor !your blog is so sweet!teachers are amazing, thank you for what you do, its an amazing job.
What a blast!!
such cute pics! you are in such good shape! and I love your dogs hair in the first pic! presh!
You definitely had an adventure!! At least you were able to still enjoy it all and laugh about it!!!
Post a Comment