Wednesday, May 13, 2009

All packed up, ready to go!

Today was my last full day with my preschoolers. They come tomorrow in the morning only. They will be there about an hour prior to graduation. Afterwards, they go home for the summer! Today we packed up all their belongings. You would not believe what all they have at school. There's the basic school supplies, extra clothes for accidents, and a pillow and 2 towels for nap. That's a lot for a little person to carry home. Good thing most of them are car riders! Right after their nap AND right in the middle of packing them all up, the fire alarm went off for a drill. Seriously? Bad timing people! Not only are they complete zombies at this point in the day, but I was totally trying to get them ready to goooooooo!!!!

Anyway, tomorrow is the big day...graduation day! It's always bittersweet. I'm happy to have survived the year, happy for all the memories, happy that it means summer break is creeping around the corner, happy to pass some of those boogers on to someone else, but soooo sad to let them all go. One of my boys told his momma this afternoon that the reason he was bringing all his stuff home was because he was a big kindergartner now. *tear*

8 comments:

The New Mrs said...

awe, you have such great job. And yay for summertime!

Whitney said...

So sweet and sad all at the same time!

Melissa said...

Don't you love the end of the school year and at the same time feel all sad? I always do - and I don't have cutie little people! Wonderful thing those summer breaks! I hear you on that!

Lauren said...

Awww!! I know it's bitter sweet, girl! But then next year you'll get new boggers to love on :o)

Anonymous said...

Aw, how sweet! I am sure you are such an awesome teacher!!! And I know I will be BAWLING my eyes out when my son graduates preschool... ugh!

CTB said...

That is so cute! Aww.

yours truly... said...

How precious! I would probably be a basketcase having to say goodbye to those sweet little babies!!!! Hope graduation goes well today!!!

Just Me said...

I tagged you lady!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails