Wednesday, January 16, 2013

One Week

Tonight Miss Ashlyn will be one week old. They say the time goes by fast once the baby comes but geez! I'm still wrapping my head around the fact that she's here. Her daddy and I think she's the cutest, most wonderful baby girl ever. 
We've been home for 5 days now and I think we are adjusting well. We went to the doctor this morning and she had a great report. She's gained 1 ounce above her birth weight so far. She's a champion nurser. We struggled a little the first few days but we have found our rhythm and she is amazing! 
She's also an excellent little snoozer. Although she does have her days and nights a little off, I think she does ok. She wakes around 2:00 for an hour or 2 and she sleeps on. I usually get up with her then and hang out. After her morning feeding, her daddy stays up with her so I can sleep a little longer. Daddy has been a huge help. Thank goodness he is off work for the next 2 weeks!
So far she seems to be a fan of her swing and her bouncy seat. She does well in her bassinet and car rides are a breeze. She loves to cuddle with momma, especially during her 2:00 in the morning party fests. And she loves her daddy singing to her. Momma is enjoying dressing her up already. Having a baby girl is so much fun!
This has been the most precious week of my life. I know it just gets more amazing from here!

6 comments:

Tickled Pink Mandy said...

I just love the last 2 pics! She is a beauty! Congrats friend.

Aishlea said...

She is so beautiful! Sound like you guys are pros. It for go by so quickly... I can't believe it was already 2 years ago that I had a newborn in my arms!

LC said...

Awwwww, she makes me weak! I can barely remember Piper being that small:) So glad she's healthy and y'all are doing so great at home!

Tiffany said...

Congrats she is precious!!

There's No Place Like Memphis Mama said...

So happy for you! She is beautiful!

Rachel said...

So cute! Ya know, she looks so much like Dustin! It's crazy!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails