Sometime in the very near future (like hopefully this week) Dustin and I are going to register. We have showers coming up in November so it needs to be done soon. I've done some research, but I would love to hear from all of you with experience.
-What are some brands that you loved?
-What are some of the have to have items?
-What are some things that I should leave off/ can live without?
-And what are your thoughts on having a registry through Amazon also? The prices are just so much better for the big ticket items.
This is the first baby so we are basically starting with nothing. I would really appreciate your help and input!



12 comments:
Aiden and Anais swaddle blankets. Not the Target ones..those are only 43". Make sure you get the 47" ones. They're the best!
I love the Johnson & Johnson Bedtime soap and lotion..it's lavender and smells sooooo good!
We have the Arm & Hammer Munchkin diaper pail...works great, her room NEVER smells bad.
Obvious things like a swing and bouncer seat. Get both...the swing to keep in 1 room and the bouncer chair to move around the house.
Love love love our Summer Infant video monitor. LOVE!
Lanolin cream for the nips. Put it on religiously! I never cracked or bled or anything else scary that you hear about.
Personally, I love the sleepers with zippers. It's so much easier during the middle of the night to change her diaper and then zip her back up rather than try to match up button snaps when it's dark and you're half asleep.
Get the window shades for your car. I have tinted windows and didn't think I'd need the shades but we did and just got them.
That's all for now, but I'll email you if I think of other things!
Aiden and Anais swaddle blankets. Love them perfect for swaddling and to use anytime since they are not heavy and bulky.
My favorite thing with Brooklyn and one we couldn't live without was the Rock-n-Sleeper. It was perfect with her reflux because she was able to sleep in it at the perfect recline. Highly recommend. Plus it folds for easy travel to take to your moms.
Love the Pampers Swaddlers NB through size1 then we switched to Target brand and they are just as great just less expensive.
Not sure what carseat you want. We loved the Chicco and used it with both. But with B we went with the snap-n-go stroller and it was so much easier than the big travel system stroller.
Have fun with your registry I know it can be overwhelming!!
-Don't get the off brand lotions and soaps...they don't smell as good as Johnson and Johnson. :)
-Cohen never liked the bumbo seat very much, nor did we use the boppy pillow for much other than propping him up sometimes.
-He loved his swing. BEST MONEY EVER spent. He liked the bouncy chair, too.
-We use the Angel Care monitor and I think it makes me sleep better when he's not in our room. ;) I know he's breathing and it alarms if no movement. So cool.
-Register for lots of little hooded towels for bath time. He loved his little whale tub, too. It made bath time so easy.
-I quickly learned that every baby likes different things. Some friends swore by Dr. Brown's bottles, but he liked Avent. Same with pacifiers... he liked the Nuk and Tommy Tippee best. Try a few different kinds....
-I didn't use a wipe warmer, bottle warmer or anything like that. Cohen was very easy.
-Register for a breathable bumper too. After she can move around in the crib and you take the bumper out, this will keep her little arms and legs inside.
-Ditto on the sleep sacks that zip or onesies that zip. Snaps are hard in the middle of the night. ;)
It is so overwhelming but fun to register! Have fun! :) Hope this helps somewhat!
I already told you how registering at Amazon went for us via twitter. I wish it could have been more successful. I love Amazon!
I got some GREAT responses on my blog when I asked about registering. Here's the link....read through the comments, some are very helpful! http://lilacsandavocados.blogspot.com/2012/06/19-weeks-and-baby-registry-help.html
Aiden and Anais swaddle blankets! They're AWESOME and we actually still cover Landon with one at night. I love how lightweight they are, but still warm, and you can use them for so many things.
If you are breastfeeding, get a good double electric pump. I got the Medela Pump In Style and it was great. Don't spent an extra $100 on the hands-free one, just get a bustier thing off of Amazon for $20 instead.
Another breastfeeding one: I used a My Brest Friend pillow instead of a Boppy and I loved it! It was so sturdy and I nursed Landon on it the entire 12.5 months he nursed. I had a big baby and I loved that it held him well and gave me some back support as well.
Motherlove nipple cream is the best and I've tried several. You need something! I also liked the Medela Lanolin cream, but not as much.
We have a Summer Infant video monitor and it's awesome. I never thought I'd need a video, but I like seeing what Landon is doing, especially when he first moved into his own room.
Get a swing. They are lifesavers. For a good 2.5 months Landon would only nap in his swing and he'd sleep 2-3 hours. A bouncy seat allowed me to take a shower every day. L would hang out or sleep in it right in front of the open bathroom door while I showered and got ready. We had the Fisher Price My Little Lamb for both.
Halo sleep sacks with or without the swaddle.
Pampers Swaddlers were awesome until size 3. Landon kept blowing them out then and we switched to Luvs and haven't looked back.
I wouldn't bother with a wipe warmer because then she will get used to it and you won't have warm wipes when you're out with her.
Get a couple different pacis to see which one she will like. Landon liked the soothies for maybe 2 weeks, then he refused all pacis.
Get a Snap N Go stroller until your girl is out of her infant car seat. I didn't and I wish I did. It's much lighter than an actual stroller and the carseat just snaps right in.
We got the Eurobath tub and it was great. It grew with Landon because one side allowed him to lie down a bit, and the other side allowed him to sit up, but not be in the huge tub before he was ready.
Ask for lots of hooded towels and washcloths.
Some sort of pack n play. Landon slept in his the first 6 months of his life (he should have been in his room sooner, but Jeff and I weren't ready lol) and now he goes in there with books and toys if he's awake while I shower.
I hope this helps! Feel free to ask me any other questions since I just did this not too long ago! :)
-The Aden+Anais swaddle blankets are a MUST! Best swaddling blankets ever.
-Sleep sacks are also a must for when your baby grows out of swaddling. Aden+Anais makes these too!
-Wipe warmer - yes, this is one of my must haves! When Sophie was a newborn she'd screech as soon as the cold wipe hit her bum, and the warmer solved that in a snap. We have the Munchkin brand one and now just use it unplugged to hold our wipes. LOVE it!
-Burp cloths (aka cloth diapers) - you will need lots of these for burping and protecting yourself from the inevitable projectile spit-up episodes.
-Fisher Price Rock n Play - this was one of the BEST things we bought that we did not register for as we didn't even know it existed. It is awesome for playing and sleeping when they are tiny and can't sit up yet. Plus it really helps with preventing spit up and reflux when they are really young and are prone to it.
Check out my mama must haves section in the baby sally label at the top.
Love the a&a swaddle blankets and the swaddle me velcrow swaddlers.
Wubbanub is a favorite of Cruz
The giraffe sound machine is important for us every night.
Loved my brestfriend pillow. Used it more than the boppy.
We've also LOVED having a nap nanny. We weren't sure about registering for one but in so glad we did. He sleeps in it a lot throughout the day and it props him up which helped with reflux when he had it.
Love the a&a swaddle blankets and the swaddle me velcrow swaddlers.
Wubbanub is a favorite of Cruz
The giraffe sound machine is important for us every night.
Loved my brestfriend pillow. Used it more than the boppy.
We've also LOVED having a nap nanny. We weren't sure about registering for one but in so glad we did. He sleeps in it a lot throughout the day and it props him up which helped with reflux when he had it.
Not to sound like a broken record, but I love the Aden + Anaias blankets. They are light and breathable, but HUGE and great for swaddling.
We use the Summer Infant Swaddleme (with the velcro) at night and I think it helps him sleep for longer.
I LOVE my Boon Lawn Drying Rack. I couldn't nurse so the drying rack being so cute made washing bottles better! LOL
My son took to the Dr. Brown bottles. They are a bitch to clean, but he didn't do as well with others. I tried.
I love the Wubbanub pacifiers! So much easier to find and the tiny bit of weight with the cute animal is perfect for baby!
We have the AngelCare monitor and found it for less at Bargain Hunt! We also have a SnuzaGo--portable movement monitor.
I love the Chicco car seat. My mother in law really wanted a base and they are easy to pick off craigslist or better than ebay baby for much cheaper! I agree, the big stroller is heavier, but i've worn the tread off of it! I use it ALL the time.
I also love my Chicco pack n play!
We did an amazon registry! It may not have been used as much as the others, but you can add things from any site (like etsy) and I did have some people that used it! I keep adding to it so family knows what to get us for Christmas and what not! So, I don't think it can hurt to make it!
My must have items:
boppy
Britax car seat/stroller
Angel Care monitor
Pampers swaddlers (I only like these in size newborn and 1)
soothies pacifiers
Medela pump in style breast pump
I like to use cloth diapers as burp cloths
Some kind of bouncer and swing (I have the Fisher Price Snuggabunny ones and they are awesome)
I think that's all the necessities!
Happy registering!
Also, you should totally join the "better than ebay baby" group on fb.
I found and bought some things used off of there (in great condition of course!). i got a bumbo and tray, a mamaroo swing, and some newborn outfits among other things. i didn't want to pay a bunch for newborn outfits in the event they didn't fit and he was bigger than we expected so, that was great for me!
just a few thoughts as you get ready for that sweet baby!
Post a Comment