Wednesday, February 15, 2012

New Floors

A couple weeks ago we ripped up all the carpet in the living room and hallway. It was past time for it to go and I really didn't want to put down more carpet. We decided to try what a few friends and Dustin's parents have done recently. We etched and stained our concrete floors. It's very inexpensive and fairly easy to do. I really like the way it turned out and it's so much easier to keep clean! Also, Dustin's parents gave us new (to us) couches. They were barely used and much better than the ones we had so we were excited! More money saved!
 Sammy would NOT move out of the pictures!
 This is a close up picture so that you can see that the floors are etched into 2 foot squares and stained with 2 different contrasting colors.
We are loving our new look so far!

8 comments:

Kristin said...

It looks great!!

LC said...

Wow! Looks great. Is it cold to walk on?

beckylbranch said...

Love it! LOVE IT! Looks fab!

angsamp said...

You floor looks great! Did you guys do this yourselves or hire someone? Is it cold or about similar to tile?

katie said...

So cool! I haven't seen stained concrete in a house, but my husband LOVES the look in restaurants and keeps talking about how he would like floors like that in a home someday.

Mandy's Memories said...

They look great! I love them!!

Katherine said...

Your floors look beautiful! :)

Jamie said...

Looks great girl!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails