Tuesday, October 18, 2011

a little encouragement

Yesterday, Dustin and I stopped by Kroger to pick up a few things. We used the self checkout since we didn't have much. While I was checking out, Dustin asked me to get him some cash back. I paid for him to have $40 cash back. 

The problem... neither of us got the cash. I thought he was getting it since he asked for it and I guess he thought I got it. Careless, I know.

We didn't even realize it until this morning when he asked me for the cash.  I freaked!! I know it's just $40 but still. I was just so mad at myself for being so careless!

I knew it was a long shot but I decided to call Kroger and see if someone turned it in. It would have been so easy for someone to be $40 richer since it was at the self checkout. 

To my complete surprise, someone did turn it in! It's so encouraging to know there are still honest people out there. :)

7 comments:

LC said...

Awesome! Love knowing there are still honest people in the world:)

♥ H ♥ said...

Aww that's awesome! Glad you got your $40! And sister, $40 is a lot these days lol!

Aishlea said...

Oh, wow!! Someone is very kind!!

I would have been freaking out too....

Emily said...

I love when people do nice things like that!

Adrienne said...

Wow that is awesome. I would have flipped out too. $4o is a lot to lose.

Jamie said...

That's so great!

Classy Fab Sarah said...

That is SO great!! I like knowing there are such honest people out there!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails