Today we celebrated Dr. Seuss's birthday! The high school throws a birthday party every year and invites the preschool students. It's always such a special event for the children.
Today was the first time for many of the kids to ever ride the bus. How exciting!!
When we arrived at the high school, there were 4 Cat in the Hats waiting to escort us to the party!
At the party, was a guest reader. She read and did sign language to Green Eggs and Ham. The kids were so intrigued.
After that, each kid was paired with a Cat in the Hat (high school student) to read.
We finished the party with cake and juice! It was a lot of fun and of course, I'm exhausted!!







10 comments:
How adorable.! That is such a great idea.! Sounds like such fun.!
So sweet! :)
I think it's wonderful that the high school interacts with the children. What a great thing to do!! And I bet it means as much to the older kids as it does to the younger ones!
Melissa you have to have the best job ever! Those kids are just so adorable!
I think that was such a good idea for the kiddies to do. They are SO precious!!! I want to come hang out with them again before school lets out!
Aw that's so sweet! I bet they had fun & you must love teaching such wonderful children! Precious!
So cute! xander's class got to wear silly clothes to school for the occasion :) He loved it.
What a cute idea!!! I love this! I bet the little ones were in aww!
This sounds like so much fun!
I wish I had done that when I was in high school, we didn't have anything like this, which is sad.
It is great they are all interacting!
:-)
Melissa,
What a lovely couple you are! I teach kindergarten in NC and love your pictures! Would you like to keep in touch and share ideas, etc? I have been teaching for 34 years but would love to connect with you.
Post a Comment