Saturday, January 30, 2010

Memphis Ice Storm

Yesterday was another snow day off work. I love that it came in time to have a long weekend. We are pretty much snowed/ iced in. I don't mind. I kinda like being stuck inside. I have power, something that many in this area do not. I am very thankful for this!! 

It started Friday morning with freezing rain and sleet, then it started snowing, then sleeting again. The end result is one thick layer of white ice outside. It looks like pretty snow, but it's frozen solid. 

Dustin split wood in the snow to make sure we had plenty of firewood incase the power went out. 

Sammy has been wanting to go out pretty much nonstop. He's a nut!! All he does is run around in it and then still expects a treat when he comes in. Crazy dog!


Check out my table with the icicles on it. I think it looks so pretty like it has crystals hanging from it!!

The tree has thick ice on all the branches, but I think it looks cool!

I hope everyone is staying warm!! 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wowza!! We got a bunch of snow..but no ice, thank goodness! Be careful and stay warm! XOXO

Jennifer said...

We had to venture out to Wally World. But the main roads were fine. It's so nice being at home for a few days!

Adrienne said...

love the photos. glad you still have power

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails