Monday was my first day back to school after being off for almost 10 weeks! It was sooo hard to get up early and get going. The first 3 days this week were in service. Children in 1st grade and up started yesterday. Preschool starts phasing in/ staggering starting next Monday. We had a Preschool Parent orientation meeting today and I got to meet quite a few of my new little babies. I'm looking forward to an excellent year. Jodi and I are already planning new and exciting things!
This afternoon, I got a HUGE shipment of new things for my classroom. Art, the director last year, moved to a different county. We will totally miss him. But, anyway, he totally hooked us up before he left. Apparently he used the entire rest of last year's preschool budget to by us cool stuff. We were totally surprised. I got tons of paint and art supplies, lots of science manipulatives and fun activities. He bought s decorations and bulletin board borders. I also received some new furniture items that I am super excited about! He ordered me a new wall mounted magnetic dry erase board to replace the old nasty non-magnetic one, 5 new rolling shelves, a science activity table, and a nice rolling library shelf. Also, I should be getting new wooden tables very soon! Thank you Art!!
Here are a few pics of my classroom this year.
This is the view from the door.

These computers are the Hatch touch screen for kids. They are so fun!

Writing center, my new magnetic wall dry erase board, and the discipline board

science and math manipulatives and my new science activity center table

my new rolling library shelf

circle time area

new shelves for toys and games

new shelves for blocks

housekeeping/ dramatic play area...notice the new shelf on the left to store dress up clothes, pretend food/ dishes, and puppets

Doesn't it all look so fun!?! This is gonna be a FANTASTIC school year!!


19 comments:
Oh my! Looks like I could have some fun in there!
I can tell you are a wonderful teacher from the way you are talking about your room and kiddos!!
Hi Melissa! Excuse the spelling errors in this comment...but I am really excited!! This is Melanie..I have introduced myself before..I moved from Tenn to New York with my hubby and two girls..but I am still a southren girl at heart! Ok..this is totally weird..but I think you are teaching in my old classroom! When you mentioned Art, you are speaking of Art Garret, who was once over preschool for Faytette County? Are you teaching at LaGrange Moscow? That is where I used to teach, I taught preschool from 2005-2006. And then I had sara, my youngest baby and left LaGrange permantley to be a stay at home mommy. Is your classroom the first on the hallway when you walk down, and are you across from Mrs. Miller? Is the prinicpal Mrs. Mercer? I was looking at the pictures on the blog..and I was like..is that my old classroom!!!! I miss Fayette County soooo much! I have taught in Shelby County and Memphis City, but Fayette by far has been my favorite system. Art was not just a supervisor, he was a true mentor. He has shaped me into the educator I am now..ok..grabbing kleenex..getting emotional! Anyway, this is the longest comment ever..but I think this is my old classroom..let me know!!
Seriously, can I come be in your class??? This would be soooo much better than work, haha!!!!
I love your excitement Melissa for what you do. I'm praying for a excellent school year for you :)
wow! what a great lookin classroom!! Hope you have the best school year ever!!
Melanie, if you are reading this....Yes, I am talking about Fayette Co. , but no I'm at Central with Jodi. I'm sure you know her. How cool that you found my blog. Email me sometime!! We love Art, but he is working for Haywood Co now. ;(
oh MY GOODNESS brings back memories from childhood!!! part of me wishes I could start college over and be a teacher, but part of me also knows I'm too type-A and high strung!!!
God bless you for being such an amazing teacher!!!!
xoxo
I think everything looks great, and I love the magnetic wall!
the kids will have so much fun with everything!
Have a great weekend!
*loves*
Your classroom is so, so cute! Have a wonderful school year!
It turned out great! I always love when we get big items (like a rolling bookshelf) for the classroom!
what a wonderful classroom! i love it!
i'm slightly envious of your career, i would love to teach preschool! such fun!
enjoy the school year hun!
Your classroom looks great!! Congrats on all the new items too!
that is a great classroom!
that is awesome that he used the budget for all of that stuff for you! your classroom looks amazing!
I looove your classroom!!! I go for my first day of inservice tomorrow. Your room gives me inspiration that it can be done! I hate opening the door though when all the furniture is all piled together and not knowing how to arrange it all. Yours is great though!
Your classroom is adorable!
your classroom is SO cute!!
Everything looks great! I love that you LOVE your job and have a pssion for it!
It looks amazing!!! Well done!
10 weeks off - you are so lucky! i would hate to go back to work too if i got all that time off xoxox
Post a Comment