For those of you that were not aware, this week is Read Across America week. It's basically a celebration of Dr. Seuss's birthday which is the first week of March. It's fun if you teach Elementary kids. I mean, who doesn't love Dr. Seuss books? We were scheduled to go to the local high school on Tuesday for a celebration. However, the snow had other plans for us and school was cancelled both Monday and Tuesday. Our field trip was rescheduled and we went yesterday. We went to the high school's library for a Dr. Seuss birthday party. There was a high school girl for each preschooler. They read to the kids and then had cake and ice cream with them. The preschoolers were in heaven. Several of my boys even made new "girlfriends" that day. Ha! Anyway, I wanted to share a few pics of my darlings from their extravaganza!This is on the bus ride there. Gotta love bus rides with four year olds! Thankfully, it was only about a ten minute ride!
Here are two of my kids being read to by their high school buddy.
This is a group shot! We had a blast!!!


7 comments:
How much did I love Dr. Seuss as a child?? Infinite amounts and I still do!! This makes me happy!!
Oh my gosh!! How fun!!!!! Dang to be 4 again. haha. I can't wait til I'm a teacher and get to do fun things. I want to teach pre-k, 1st or 2nd. I will keep Mr. Seuss' birthday in mind for this time next year :)
Love seeing the kiddos getting into reading at such a young age!!!
How fun! What a great field trip!
Haha, how sweeeeeet!!!! Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss :o)
How fun!!! I love Dr. Seuss!! How neat that you guys celebrated his birthday!!
Thanks for your comment on my video! :)
Hope you're having a good weekend! :)
What cute kiddos! Sounds like they had a blast on the field trip, so fun!
Post a Comment