Thursday, February 26, 2009

This and That Thursday

1. I still do not feel well. It's my sinuses. I thought sinuses were no biggie, but apparently you can get infections and what not from them. Also, turns out, it's contagious. Dustin is also sick now. I think I may have to go to the doctor. UGH!! I hate going to the doctor and I refuse to take off work. I'm one of those weirdos that DOES NOT take off. Since I started teaching, I have never called in or taken a day. NEVER! I just don't like the idea of a random person being with my kids all day and in my classroom. Plus, I'm just loyal like that. Either way, it looks like I gotta find a doctor close to work that can see me after I get off. 3 weeks of this sinus mess is a little much! Most over the counter meds have amphetamines in them which make my heart race which makes me nauseous. So, basically, I'm taking Sudaphed (about the only thing I can take) and it's not doing the job.

2. I bought some of that Bear Creek soup in a bag. I believe that's what it's called. But anyway, I heard it was good. So, I bought some. DELICIOUS!! And, of course, totally easy. I'm having the broccoli cheddar right now and it tastes so good since I'm not feeling well.

3. I cut my own hair last week. I know, SCARY!! But, I just needed a teeny bit cut off the end...you know dead ends. I just am not gonna pay a salon to practically cut nothing. So, I did it myself. It took about 30 minutes to get it straight using 2 mirrors, but it looks great and I saved some money. I'm very proud of myself!

4. I'm reading New Moon, the second book in the Twilight series. I feel like it's dragging. The first book, Twilight, was a quick read, but not this one. Did anyone else feel this way that read it?
5. I don't know that I like the new followers box. It's just strange to me. Does anyone else care??

6. Lastly, I got the Fabulous Blog award today from Snickerdoodle Champagne! Thanks girl!!

15 comments:

Missy said...

New Moon was my least fav of the Twilight books - don't worry - Eclipse is AMAZING!

The Porters said...

I hope you feel MUCH better soon!

Candice said...

I hope you feel better! I am the same way about the doctor and taking off work!

Kelsey said...

I found your blog a few days ago and am really enjoying it. :) I completely agree with you about the new followers box. It just looks odd!

Katy said...

I am an über dork and read all four in a week. It was slow at the beginning but then it starts to read easier. NM was the one that took me the longest because I just couldn't get into it.

I definitely agree Eclipse was the best of the series, though.

Niki said...

It's this crazy weather making everyones sinuses go crazy!!

I just started Breaking Dawn and I have to say, New Moon was also my least favorite. Eclipse gets really good towards the end and I heard Breaking Dawn was really good!

I've tried the Bear Creek soup before and it is delicious!

Congrats on the award:)

Whitney said...

Memphis weather sucks - it does everything terrible to the sinuses! I'm sorry you have been sick for so long!

Lauren said...

Awww, girl, hope you feel better :o) It's the pits being sick!!! Have your man rub your feet for you and wait on you hand an d foot, ohhh, but wait, he's sick too :o( Hope he gets to feeling better as well.

Jane said...

the second book is by far the slowest! they get better after i promise! feel better.

quite contrary said...

so sorry you are sick! that is horrible! my doctor told me to take 2 mucinex with 1 sudafed, like twice a day, and it normally works! i also refuse to go to doctor and take antibiotics, so my doctor told me that so i dont have to go in when i am sick! good luck!

Lindsey said...

Oh no! I hope you feel better soon!!

Unknown said...

I hope you get to feeling WAY better!!!
I am going to have to look for that soup-
Yea not sure about the followers box, since I have a gmail account, i logged in yesterday on your blog and something weird popped up so I just closed it...?
Have a wonderful weekend! Get to feeling better!

Snickerdoodle Champagne said...

1. Oh, that's too bad you're feeling so yucky! Go see your doctor ASAP, you probably need antibiotics.
2. LOVE soup when I feel crappy or the weather is crappy.
3. Congrsts on cutting your own hair! I'm too nervous to do that!
4. No comment since I haven't read them :)
5. I'm iffy on that new follower thing, too.
6. You're most welcome!!

Feel better soon!!!

Jenn said...

Sorry your still sick!! I felt the same way about New Moon. I am currently reading the fourth book. Pretty good so far.

Aunna and Phillip said...

I'm totally with you on New Moon with it dragging but don't worry it picks up and Eclipse is really good!! Yeah I'm a dork and read them all in a week but it was so fun! Hope you feel better soon:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails