Sunday, February 1, 2009

superbowl snackies

Today we are all watching the Superbowl at Dustin's parent's house. There will be a decent size group of us there. We are all bringing snacks and Dustin's mom is cooking. I'm bringing mini pizzas and bacon dip. Both are my mom's recipes. Well, actually, I don't have any recipes that aren't hers I don't think. But anyway, these are favorites and Dustin asked me to make them. I just thought I would share the recipes because they are so yummy!!
Bacon dip:
-8 oz. cream cheese
-i cup mayo
-8 oz. sharp cheddar cheese
-3 oz. bacon or real bacon bits
-chives
*Mix all ingredients together, bake at 350 for 10-20 minutes, serve with crackers
Mini Pizzas:
-1 lb. sausage
-1 lb. ground beef
-1 lb. Velveeta
-1 tsp. basil
-1/4 tsp. garlic powder
-1 tsp. oregano
-1/2 tsp. parsley flakes
-1 package of party rye bread
*Brown sausage and ground beef- drain and set aside
Melt Velveeta cheese.
Add the rest of the ingredients and the meat to the cheese and mix well.
Spread on party rye bread.
Bake at 400 until bubbly brown (about 15-20 minutes)

3 comments:

quite contrary said...

wow, the mini pizza's sound great! have fun at the party!

Jennifer said...

You know I love those mini pizzas. I almost made them today!!

And we get our yard sprayed about 6 times a year with different stuff. That's why it's so beautiful and green in the summer!

The Pink Chick said...

Thanks for sharing the recipes! They sound yummy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails